Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By awp22
Hi,

I'm attempting to set up what I think should be a very simple bot. Its criteria, at their most basic would be:

1) Horse racing win markets
2) Market must be in play
3) Attempt to Back the (for example) 3rd favourite at 1.9 if it hits 1.9 or lower in running
3a) "3rd Favourite" would be defined by price pre- the off, set in the overall settings.

The example above is for the third favourite, but in reality for a given market, there would be a bot for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th etc. favourites. I have looked to create a bot per favourite position rather than a combined bot because of the price criteria, which I do not think can be set for each runner individually in the race.

At the moment, I have run these bots in simulation mode only. So far, not even an unmatched bet has been placed, and I cannot work out why.

The "Markets" tab, I have selected to auto-update every two hours with UK&I Horse Racing win markets. At the moment, for example, I have over 30 markets available for the strategies.

I have attached one of the strategies for reference. N.B. This is a fully stripped-back bot, as I have tested removing various other conditions to simplify the bot, to see if other factors were the problem. In practice, there are many other race-specific filters. This example strategy was just to see if any bets were placed, even if unmatched, which they were not! My logic being, one or more favourites will win, hence hit 1.9, hence the bot will place at least one bet.

Any help or guidance as to why this bot is not be placing bets, would be appreciated.
Attachments
(1.73 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
Hi awp22,

Strategy that you attached is almost empty, it has none of the rules that you mentioned. This strategy does not have any bet type set and required price range is for first favorite. You should use "Bet type by favorite position" to set bet type on specific favorite at which you want to bet. Have you exported correct strategy?

I suggest you view example strategies to see how those are created:
https://www.bfbotmanager.com/phpbb3/vie ... =25&t=2621

And that you read following article:
https://www.bfbotmanager.com/help/20

You should never remove default settings that are added to every new strategy.

Regards,
Rade