Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By farrermike
Is there a Dear Michael,

Betfair prohibits the placement of bets below the minimum stake of £2 / $5 AUD.

We are aware that some customers use software that circumvents the minimum stake restriction and we have automated procedures that identify accounts looking to disadvantage or inconvenience other customers by matching an excessive number of small bets.

On reviewing the activity on your account, we are happy to accept that the bets you have placed that are less than the limit were not placed in bad faith, and that your intention was not to disadvantage or inconvenience any other Betfair customers.

Please be advised that Betfair takes a firm stance on minimum bet abuse and any further infringements may result in account suspension. If you need further clarification on this policy or have any other questions regarding Betfair, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Investigations Teamway around this ????????
By mcbee
hi
now that you are in there eyes, if you do not do what they say, then you will end up like me and others, YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED.
you need to start placing some bets above the limit.
every day you need to read your emails as they will send another and if you place one more bet below the limit after the second warning, then they close your account within 24 hrs.

mcbee
By farrermike
Thanks Mc, I had been placing a mixture of bets above and below the limit.
A month ago I complained about poor customer service so maybe this is me paying for my cheek.
By cartex
Hi farrermike,

since your mentioned AUD as currency I assume that you live in Australia.
Betfair in Australia is pretty harsh when it comes to below min betting. They take almost everyone and monitor everything carefully.
The legal restrictions there are also one of the reasons they have to do this. Easy to lose the license and hard to get it back.
Some might also say the govt. does this to push the players over to the AU local agencies.
Not if you live outside AU, I have only heard of people in AU got their acc. closed. No one outside

For me the betfair min bet amount is set to £3.5

Like here, it is now almost impossible to directly transer money from your bank account to a bookmaker. Almost all norwegian banks have blocked transfer to betting sites. Everything has to go by a third party.

cartex