Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By Gad13
I have a horse racing strategy in which I want to lay a horse in both the win market and place market. Each of the liabilities is different and there's 2 things I am struggling to find on the manual/videos if anyone is able to help please:

1) My staking plan is a set liability rather than level stakes i.e. £100 liability regardless of the odds for win market and £50 liability in the place market. I can't find a staking plan for this.

2) I am happy with setting up a 'My Selections' bot/strategy but only for one of the two markets. I can't find where to select which market this should be based on. For instance, I will have the same horse selected in both markets but can't work out how to prevent each bot/strategy from laying the wrong market and therefore wrong liability.

Reading this back, I haven't described it well but hopefully someone will understand what I mean. I can then run these in simulation mode until I am comfortable that it has worked. Any help greatly appreciated.
By BfBotManager
Answers:
1. use "Level/intial stake" rule and set it to 100. Then add "Liability or amount to win" rule and tick option to use liability. Then test it in simulation mode without risking any real money.

2. you will need to move your selections to tips form, there is menu item for that. Create one set of tips for Win market and set provider name to "WinMarketTips". Then repeat the process for place market tips and set provider name to "PlaceMarketTips".

Then use "Staking->Bet on imported tips" rule to tell your strategy to bet only on imported tips from specified provider e.g. "WinMarketTips", tick options to ignore tip bet size or other default tip settings.

There is example strategy set to bet on all imported tips, you can duplicate it and modify it by your needs. It is also explained in the manual, please read it carefully and make sure that you keep using simulation mode while adjusting your settings and learning how software works:
https://www.bfbotmanager.com/en/help/kn ... v3-version
By Gad13
Thanks for the quick and detailed response. Is it possible to run a new strategy on simulation whilst you have others in live?
By Gad13
Sorry also, when I’ve gone to the staking and chosen liability or amount to win, none of them seem to suggest that my total liability will remain as £100 regardless of the odds. The top one says ‘calculated stake is liability for lay bets (e.g. lay £10 at odds 3.0 then liability is £20)’ so before the brackets I’d have assumed that means my liability would be set but the example suggests it’s a stake rather than a liability.
By BfBotManager
Gad13 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:04 am Thanks for the quick and detailed response. Is it possible to run a new strategy on simulation whilst you have others in live?
Sorry, that is not possible.
By BfBotManager
Gad13 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:29 pm Sorry also, when I’ve gone to the staking and chosen liability or amount to win, none of them seem to suggest that my total liability will remain as £100 regardless of the odds. The top one says ‘calculated stake is liability for lay bets (e.g. lay £10 at odds 3.0 then liability is £20)’ so before the brackets I’d have assumed that means my liability would be set but the example suggests it’s a stake rather than a liability.
Please use simulation mode to try it out, read the manual and if you keep having problems then please post screenshots of your settings to check them. Do not use real mode while learning how software works and while adjusting your settings.
By DaveJessop2112
Gad13 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:04 am Thanks for the quick and detailed response. Is it possible to run a new strategy on simulation whilst you have others in live?
You can run another instance of BFBM in sim in a sandbox
By Gad13
Thank you - I’ve worked out how to do it now with this guidance and put it in simulation mode to test it for the rest of the month.

Part of my strategy is to place an in-running lay bet of 50% of the SP (sometimes it’ll get matched, sometimes it won’t). Is there any way of doing that on the bot?
By BfBotManager
Gad13 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:45 am
Part of my strategy is to place an in-running lay bet of 50% of the SP (sometimes it’ll get matched, sometimes it won’t). Is there any way of doing that on the bot?
Set strategy to start betting 0s after market goes in play by using Time to bet rule. Then use "Price settings->Price rules" rule and set it to use Start price as initial price, set it to ask for better price by 50%. Also at "Market conditions->Markets filter" rule tick option to allow only Start price markets.