Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By Nigel007
Hi All,

I have created a Bot Strategy for the below but it doesn't seem to be working please could someone take a look to see if I am doing anything wrong:

Market Filters: Place
Event filter: Greyhound
Time to bet: 10 secs before race
Default bet type: Lay
Min/Max price selection: >= 20 <=1000
Selection condition: Highest to Lowest set to 1
Default price: 1.01 for Lay
Percentage of Bank: Set to BF funds and 5%
Bet Persistance: Take BSP
Max Number match/unmatched: 2 & 2
Hi,

Did you check strategy Reports tab to see which rule is not satisfied and is preventing bet placement?

Markets filter rule is wrongly set as you used full venue names and they are not contained in the market name. You can check market name at the main MARKETS grid view.

Back/Lay Ratio and Overround rules should never be removed from your strategy. Without those you could be placing bets at wrong runners when offer on market is none or bad.

You are checking "Near price" for price range and that will not be available for markets that are not BSP markets. Also you should allow only Betfair Start Price markets at Markets filter rule.

Your bet size is 5% of your account funds and that must be higher than minimum bet size for BSP bets. All BSP bets are placed to liability so check their table for minimum liability for BSP bets:
https://docs.developer.betfair.com/disp ... Parameters

Did you load Place markets to the main MARKETS grid view? Make sure you do and then try again in simulation mode without risking any real money.
By Nigel007
Hi There in the report sections I have found an error Bet Placement Failed - error BET-ACTION-ERROR. Please could you help to let me know what it means.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (70.53 KiB) Viewed 812 times
You should not use real mode while adjusting your settings and learning how software works. You will lose all your money like that.

For example, at strategy "Edit" form (the one where you set strategy name) you set max liability per bet to 20,000,000.00 and default value is 2,000.

Your strategy tried to place a Lay bet of $3.96 at the odds of 32. That is very high liability for exchange bets, but your strategy is set to place Betfair Start Price bets so your liability is $3.96 and that is below minimum liability for Lay BSP bets. Please read article that I sent you and then use simulation mode to test your settings.