Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By andyg303
I want to lay a bet, say in the over 3.5 goals market, at 10 minutes into the match, say for £10
Let's say the odds at time of bet are 3.3

Then I want to place 5 bets trading out (back bets) so:
£2 at 3.7
£2 at 3.9
£2 at 4.1
£2 at 4.3
£2 at 4.5

Then when all matched hedge out for equal profit on both sides

The only way I can think of doing this is by doing 5 Different strategies all of which back for £2 a pop and place the "After bet" trade at the relevant number of ticks above the price we got in at. Then add a hedge out clause that takes all 5 into account.

Is there any way to do this strategy only using one "bot", am I missing something obvious?

Many thanks in advance
By andyg303
Thanks.

I thought I'd give it a go anyway. I have set up a strategy (.gz file attached)

I used the following rule:

After Bet Rules -> Place bets when number of matched/unmatched bets on market is in range -> New bets will be placed when "Unmatched bet count < 1"

In this way I thought I could place an unmatched lay 10 ticks below the current back price (So wait till price on Under 2.5 goals is say 1.6, then it fires and places a lay in at 1.5)

Then when prices come down and that lay is matched, the number of unmatched bets goes to zero, and it should fire again.... I thought that sounded pretty solid?

However it's not working.

I also made sure I set the number of bets allowed on any selection is 5, and also unticked the box stating only one bet per selection allowed as well. So I can't see what's blocking it placing another bet.

Any advice be great.

Thanks
Attachments
(2.88 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
By BfBotManager
No, that will not work. It is not possible for after bet rules to place multiple bets like you want. Like I said, it is not possible to execute logic that you explained in initial post, sorry.
By andyg303
I appreciate the replies and also appreciate that you are telling me the correct info on here, but in the manual it makes it sound like you can get a strategy to place another bet, once the "after bet rules" have been ticked off.

See screen shot from the manual attached below.

Is the manual wrong, or am I just interpreting what it says wrong? Thanks
Attachments
bfbm-manual-1.jpg
bfbm-manual-1.jpg (156.18 KiB) Viewed 5991 times
By andyg303
For the second strategy I posted about, trying to utilise the "After Bet Rule -> New Initial Bet" Loop as per the manual, I want it to:

Place lay at 10 ticks below current price (say price is 1.6 so at 1.5)
After bet rules say place a new bet once total unmatched bets is <1
When that lay gets matched at 1.5 as prices are always decreasing unless a goal is scored.... the loop is complete and a new lay bet should be placed 10 ticks below the current price....? (So as the lay of 1.5 just got matched, it should place a lay in at roughly 1.4)

That is exactly what I want it to do. But it's not doing it
By BfBotManager
We found a small bug in the rule "Place bets when number of matched/unmatched bets on market is in range" that might have prevented bet placement if only rule for unmatched bets is used. We will post here once V3 is updated so that you can download it and try again.
By Lazo
Hi there,

Thank you for reporting this!

We updated the "After bet rules -> Place bets when number of matched/unmatched bets on market is in range" condition and fixed your reported problem.

The V3 version is updated. Please backup your strategies and then download and install the latest version from the following web page:
https://www.bfbotmanager.com/en/download

Please let us know if you notice any further issues with this new version. Thank you!
By andyg303
Thank you so much for the quick turnaround. What a great support team you have here! A refreshing change from the norm :D

Sorry for highjacking the thread into multiple questions but while I have you here is there any way when you download the bets into a CSV file, that you can include the "Starting price" of the bet before it goes in play?

I noticed there is a BSP column, but that is obviously just the official BSP and for many markets it's just blank (e.g. on Over/Under 2.5 goals etc for most football)

It would be super handy to get this populated. I know the bot records the data because you can tick items such as "Use favourite positions from before in play" and to know this, it must record and store the prices from just before in play (i.e. the unnofficial "starting prices")

It would be really handy to have this data to hand because some of my strategies I would like to filter based on the starting price of the players or teams, but I've gathered loads of data and this is now not actually available once I've downloaded the bets (unless I'm being really blind again and it's somewhere in an option I cannot see)

Many thanks again! :D
By BfBotManager
andyg303 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:51 pm Thank you so much for the quick turnaround. What a great support team you have here! A refreshing change from the norm :D

Sorry for highjacking the thread into multiple questions but while I have you here is there any way when you download the bets into a CSV file, that you can include the "Starting price" of the bet before it goes in play?

I noticed there is a BSP column, but that is obviously just the official BSP and for many markets it's just blank (e.g. on Over/Under 2.5 goals etc for most football)

It would be super handy to get this populated. I know the bot records the data because you can tick items such as "Use favourite positions from before in play" and to know this, it must record and store the prices from just before in play (i.e. the unnofficial "starting prices")

It would be really handy to have this data to hand because some of my strategies I would like to filter based on the starting price of the players or teams, but I've gathered loads of data and this is now not actually available once I've downloaded the bets (unless I'm being really blind again and it's somewhere in an option I cannot see)

Many thanks again! :D
Thank you for your suggestion, we will review this for future update.