Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By Albannach
Hi,

Is there a way to set a fallback selection so that if one of my selections is a NR, the fallback selection is used?

I'm using 2 runners with a third as a fallback, all loaded in advance using a csv and I usually can't monitor the races live. At the moment I'm Dutching them all, but that's not ideal, I'd rather just have level stakes on the 2 selections.

Cheers
Andy
By wellsy
Hey Andy,

Just a thought - you could create a 2nd 'fallback' strategy with a condition that it only places a bet on the pre-determined fallback selection if the main strategy does not have matched bets. Of course it depends on when the scratching is - if it's at the gates, then the bet likely won't show as void until the race is over. This would probably only work for early scratchings.

It may also require a separate CSV - I haven't uploaded selections that way so I'm not sure.

Fallback strategy time to bet will need to be after the main strategy so that it can detect if that bet already has bets (you could set it to "only place bets if xxx has void bets". Again - relies on there being enough time for betfair to show the horse as scratched, so it may mean you miss some bets, but it would also mean it would only kick in if your main selection has definitely placed a bet that has since been voided.

To summarise - this would work but your fallback bet would be missed if a) the first bet has tried to be placed after the scratching (so no bet placed) or if the scratching was late and so the first strategy still shows the bet as matched.

You may be able to play around with other conditions to get what you want, but this would be the approach I'd investigate.

Cheers
Wellsy