Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By AndyBarker
Im working on a strategy that involves placing a lay bet, but then I want to place a series of smaller back bets to leg out before hedging after a set time.

Anyone any idea how I would go about this please?

Thanks
Andy
By BfBotManager
Hi Andy,

There is no option to place multiple smaller back bets to trade out your position. But you can create more than one strategy e.g. new strategy for each Back bet and set it to use "Selection conditions->Only if specified strategy has bets" to check if first Lay strategy has Matched bet on the same selection. It is not possible to use stake or price from Lay strategy, so you will need to Back strategy to place bets at fixed price and stake.
By AndyBarker
Ah okay I think that could work.

So say for example I want to place a lay bet at half time, Would I then be able to place the back bet 5 mins into the second half?

Lastly (sorry) do I just duplicate that strategies market conditions but then add the 'Only if specified strategy...' condition?

Thank you
By BfBotManager
You must adjust second strategy settings to allow it to bet during that time and on that selection, also you must add rule "Selection conditions->Only if specified strategy has bets" rule. Please use simulation mode to test it.