Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By Daveyb1984
Hi
I'm using a selection rule to pick horses based on their rating. Betting on Fav by official rating. Sometimes ig will pick the right horse, other times it is way off. The OR on Betfair are correct but the strategy just seems to pick any runner some races.

What could be the reason for it sometimes picking the right fav by official rating and other times it doesn't?

Thanks
By BfBotManager
You must check information that bot has and that it is displayed at selections grid view within bot. Bot gets information from Betfair API and this data can be different compared to data at Betfair website.

If you keep having problems then please save screenshots of selections grid view showing official ratings, export your strategy and save screenshot of placed bets so that we can check it all. You can open support ticket by using Contact form to send us those details:
https://www.bfbotmanager.com/en/contact
By GwladGwlad
Hi,

I am having similar issues. Where do we find the selections grid please. Apologies, pretty new to this.

Cheers
By Lazo
Hi there,

You should click on Show/hide selections on the market on the Market grid view.
Attachments
Selections grid view.PNG
Selections grid view.PNG (50.83 KiB) Viewed 3806 times
By Daveyb1984
Here is a screen shot from the selections for a race today. It doesn't have the horses rating listed anywhere on that. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Attachments
Screenshot_20230721-125948~2.png
Screenshot_20230721-125948~2.png (287.43 KiB) Viewed 3803 times
By Lazo
Hi there,

At selections grid view you can display a column called "Official rating" to view each horse's official rating. Below are instructions on how to do that.

Please follow the steps to display the missing column in grid view:
1. right click on the grid view column header
2. then in the popup menu click "Column chooser"
3. then in a new small popup form double-click on the column name that you wish to display

Official ratings are provided by Betfair API, not by their website. There can be differences between API data and website data.
By Daveyb1984
I have found the ratings now Thanks. The top rated horses sometime have no OR so it doesn't pick them. How can the API not have this data? Where does the API get it's data from? OR is quite an important factor and to not be able to pull that information for all horses it's available for in the same race isn't good.

Why does it have some data? It doesn't have the form or jockey info for 50% of the field. This seems to be the only bit of info that's hot or miss whether it's correct or not.

I think this is quite a big error for paid software considering the information is available.

Is it fixable?
By BfBotManager
Official ratings are provided by Betfair API, so you will need to contact them for more details and from where official ratings are. What we know is that there are differences between Betfair API data and Betfair website regarding official ratings. This has nothing to do with the software or us, as software is just displaying and using data provided by Betfair API.
By BfBotManager
There is no option to require that all horses must have official rating, so it uses ratings for horses that have this information.

In future update we can add option to allow betting only if all horses have official rating value.
By Daveyb1984
Thanks for the info.

I have no clue what the Betfair api is. Is it Betfair that run the api for developers to use? I'm looking online and can't find how to contact them.
By BfBotManager
Daveyb1984 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:24 pm Thanks for the info.

I have no clue what the Betfair api is. Is it Betfair that run the api for developers to use? I'm looking online and can't find how to contact them.
Yes, Betfair provides and runs API - Application Programming Interface.