Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By sotnale
Hi,
I'm backing a horse an hour before the off and would like to hedge it by laying at BSP. What's the best way to do this? I'm currently hedging a second before the off and taking current price. However, what i'd like to do is put a hedged lay bet 2 or 3 ticks below current price and take sp instead. Is it possible to do that in the bot? I see it as an option in after bets -> trade out, but I don't think I can get it to trigger 1 second before the off.

Also, what's the best way to deal with courses moving start times due to another course being abandoned? As an example, all lingfield races have been pushed by +5 minutes due to Punchestown being abandoned today. The bot is firing to betfair time which is off by 5 minutes. Would it be better to use race status as a criteria for hedging instead of time for these events?

Thanks.
By BfBotManager
Hi sotnale,

Trade out rule is your only option for this, you are doing it correctly right now. There is no other solution for that.

Bot updates market start times every 30 minutes. If Betfair updates times then bot will pick up this change within 30 minutes.

Yes, you can use Race status to trigger your bets for UK and Irish races. Race status is provided by Betfair API.
By sotnale
Thanks for the reply. So I should leave it on after bets rule -> hedge at 1 seconds before start time with 1 tick worse to make sure it gets matched?

The start times haven't been adjusted on Betfair today so the start times are 5 minutes off. Not a huge issue, I was just curious. Is there a status between "At the post" and the start of the race?
By BfBotManager
Yes, that should be ok.

You can check how race status changes at Race status column at main MARKETS grid view and then decide which status is best for your strategy. There is also Going behind status, so watch it carefully.
By sotnale
Thanks, I'll have a look.

Just one more question. Is it possible to set the bot so that it only hedges the back bet if the current price is greater than the initial bet a few seconds before start time? So say I place a back bet at 5 and it drifts to 5.5 at 5 seconds before the start time, I'd like it to hedge out for a small lose. If it steams, just leave the back back at 5 to go inplay. Thanks.
By BfBotManager
Add Hedge rule and set it to hedge only before in play when price goes up by 15%. That should work like you explained.