Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By gar2018
Hi

I have a query about in play prices please..

I am backing horses in certain races trading at say below 1.9, basically backing as soon as they go under this price and as close to it as possible.

So I have set a selection condition with min/max price as "back price for any runner must be within price range of 1.2 - 1.9".

Yesterday the system placed around 20 bets. Looking at the results, the price requested varied from 1.28 to 1.86 (average 1.58). Two of these bets were unmatched, for the others the price varied from 1.28 to 2.

I know in play prices move very quickly, but is there a way to improve this at all? Of course I wouldn't expect the matched price to be exactly 1.9, but why isn't the price requested always this amount? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks
By BfBotManager
Your price range is 1.2 - 1.9, this is checking if Back price is in that price range, it is not telling bot at which price to place bet. Price is usually placed at currently available price for that bet type, which is any price in range 1.2 - 1.9 and that price at which bet is placed is set by "Price settings->Price rules" rule.

You can request price 1.9 by using "Price settings->Default price" rule and removing "Price settings->Price rules" rule. Then bot will always request price 1.9.

But exchange will always match your bets at best available odds, which will give you better price than 1.9 in some cases.