Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By pritchj1973
I've got a lay 2 back strategy which is placing the lay to BSP. It should hedge to 50% profit or 50% loss (of initial stake) but it's currently only placing a back to 2 or 3 ticks .... something must be wrong somewhere. Grateful for any advice.

Strategy file included.
L2B STRATEGY
(3.42 KiB) Downloaded 463 times

Thanks

Jono
By BfBotManager
Hi Jono,

Your hedge is set to execute after 6 seconds, turn that option off, then hedge will execute only when price changes by 50%.

Make sure you first try it out in simulation mode.
By pritchj1973
Thanks, it's placed the bets now........ but for some reason it appears to be hedging at 36 - 40%, even though it is set to 50%, again i can't see anything obvious.
bets placed
bets placed
bets placed.png (167.08 KiB) Viewed 8702 times

Grateful if you could have another look.

thanks

Jono
Last edited by pritchj1973 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By pritchj1973
thanks for the quick response........ is it possible to do it to profit / loss of 50% of stake rather than price, or is it just a case of playing with the %'s ?

the rules look ok otherwise yes ?
By pritchj1973
ok thanks. I'm still struggling with this as it won't give me 50% loss .... the safety rule is % loss as exposure (which for lay is not stake, its a much higher value).

What i want is either (depending on what happens to the odds):-

50% of stake back as profit
50% of Stake loss

i can't see anywhere that will hedge or trade to loose 50% of the stake value.

The system i'm trying to replicate is to bet on a 2pt stake (lay) and result in either a 1pt win or loss

Sorry for all the questions but this will determine if i can continue with bfbot or not, but i really want to (cross-fingers)

thanks

Jono
By BfBotManager
Hi Jono,

Only hedge options that execute when possible to win/lose X% of stake/liability are the ones at "Safety settings->Hedge All" rule. Please try them out in simulation mode to see if they work like you want them too.
By pritchj1973
Thanks for getting back to me again, it does'nt sound like its going to be possible on bfbotmanager then:-

The % profit will work to give me back a 50% of stake, but % loss on exposure would only useful if liability per bet is allways the same, but if lability changes as it will do on my bets as the odds of initial bet are in ranges (upto 12) then it's not going to give me even profit / loss on a lay bet, it's going to be very unpredictable.

Thanks again, it looks like i may need to look elsewhere or do this manually