Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
Hello

Just read the email this morn regarding installing your latest update. It says to back up my strategies and then uninstall and reinstall new update.

I went to load into the bot this morning to back up my strategies but I just get the message to install the latest version then it shuts down.

Therefore how do I get into the software to back up my strategies

Thanks

Tony
Hi Tony,

Strategies are automatically saved when you exit bot by using X or Logout button. They are automatically loaded when you start bot. Same is with bets and results history, except that those grids automatically add filter at bottom left corner to filter bets/results for current bot session only. Strategy bets tab is always cleared on exit.

Strategies are automatically saved when you exit bot in following file:
c:\Users\{WINDOWS ACCOUNT USERNAME}\AppData\Local\bfbotmanager.com\Bf Bot Manager V3\multiple_strategies_conditions.gz

You can make copy of that file to make backup. This will only be useful if you exited bot properly so that it was able to save strategies on exit to this file.

If you are not running bot then you do not need to make backup. Uninstalling and installing new version will NOT delete your strategies or modify them. Your strategies can only be lost if you did not exit software properly or if something else at your machine prevented bot from saving strategies on exit.

Regards,
Rade