Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By Yorkieuk
Hi Rade

Could I ask for some guidance please, I wish to take imported tips and at a particular time before racing take the current odds available if below a figure, say 10, but if the current price is above that then to place a BFSP bet.

I have have identified how to set the time but I'm struggling with how to set the price requirements.

Attached the strategy I have so far.
(2.04 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
Hi Yorkieuk,

There is no rule that would place BSP only if price is outside your min/max price range.

Only solution is to create two strategies, one that bets at available odds if selection is in price range (e.g. 1.01 - 10.0 and second one that places BSP bets if price is outside that price range (e.g. 10.5 - 1,000). Both strategies should use Selection condition->Only if specified strategy has bets to check if another strategy does NOT have Matched bets on same selection.

Regards,
Rade
Hi Yorkiuk,

You need to remove "Market condition->Min/max REQUIRED price for selection on market" and instead to add "SELECTION condition->Min/max price for selection". First one will require that ALL market selections are in price range of 1.01 - 10.0 and it will prevent strategy from placing any bets.

Time to bet is wrong, you must tick option "Start betting before in play N minutes" and set some time e.g. 10 seconds before start time etc. Like this:
https://www.screencast.com/t/JxnKUzRbgg

You are not setting any bet type so make sure your tips have bet type imported with them, otherwise no bets will be placed.

Your "Price settings->Price rules" is set to place Unmatched bets, but your "Only if specified selection has bets" is checking for Matched bets. So this will not work as strategies will place Unmatched bets. I suggest you change "Price settings->Price rules" to place bets at 2 ticks WORSE price so that bets get matched instantly when they are placed.

Once you make those changes make sure you test it all in simulation mode to ensure it works like you want it to. In simulation mode all bets are matched instantly at requested price, so simulation might not be fully realistic but it will help you check your settings.

Only concern is BSP bets as those will be matched only after race starts. So it is best that you place bets just few seconds before start time.

Regards,
Rade
Hi Rade,

Many thanks for the comprehensive comments, I really appreciate the support.

Below are the revised files, I have made the changes you suggested. With regard to bet timing, I want to place bets with the odds at 10 and below at early prices and anything else at BFSP which is why I had set the start time to 9am. Is there a reason why not to use a defined time?

I have changed the bet time settings now so the "10 and below" strategy starts to place bets at 5hrs before start time and stops at 4hrs to go. The "above 10.5" strategy starts placing BFSP bets at 4hrs.
Hi Yorkieuk,

You can set Time to bet to start betting 4 or 5 hours before start time and keep option to start betting after 9AM ticked. But you cannot have it without option "Start betting before start time".

Strategies look ok now, please test them first in simulation mode.

Regards,
Rade