Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By Yorkieuk
Hi All

I have joined a trial of a tipping service that uses stop at a winner backing the favorite in particular races each day. They provide a list of the races each day of their website so I need to be able to select the race and which every horse is favorite on price for the bot to back it.

They use a 100% recovery plan which I have added to my strategy.

I'm not sure how to select a race in BFBot rather than a particular horse and would be grateful of some guidance please. I have attached my first draft of the strategy for review but please do not use it. I will post the final version on here once tested.
(2.46 KiB) Downloaded 405 times
Hi Yorkieuk,

There is no option to select particular races, but if you add only those races to "MARKETS" grid view then bot will only try to bet on those races.

In your strategy you are placing Back bets, but you are checking Lay price for price range. So back price could be outside your price range and low as 1.01. It would be best that you change min/max price range condition so that it check Back price for price range.

At strategy "Edit" form, the one where you set strategy name, turn off option to use favorite positions from before in play. You are already placing bets before in play so this option can just cause you problems. With this option ticked off strategy will use favorite positions at time of bet.

Regards,
Rade
Hi Rade

Many thanks for the quick reply, I have made the changes you suggested.

With regard to just picking the appropriate races in the markets tab, I also use the bot for other strategies so this approach would limit their operation. Could I import all of the horses in the selected race using a CSV file similar to a tipster but get the strategy just to back the favorite of those selections?
Hi Yorkieuk,

"Bet if specific..." condition is not set properly, you should remove it. To check price of market selection at which bets will be placed use "Min/max selection price" condition instead.

"Bet type by favorite position" should be removed, you are already setting bet type on ALL selections by using "Default bet type".

You must add "Selections filter" and set it like this so that it allows only betting on 1st favorite. This must be used when using Default bet type:
https://www.screencast.com/t/qwMddpSOP

Regards,
Rade
Hi Rade

I have tested the strategy over the last two days and it has performed as expected.

To explain to anyone else who wants to use it, the tipster I am trialing provides a list of races each day with the recommendation to back the favorite in each until a winner is achieved. You then stop and start again the next day. The strategy is designed to recover 100% of the losses on each bet so after a win you will make 1 point profit.

In order to get the tips into BFBOTMANAGER, you need to import them into the manage tips section. To do this you put all of the horse from the recommended race into a CSV formated spreadsheet. BFBOTMANAGER needs the following fields in the CSV file.

Column 1) Provider. Name of the tipster listed in the strategy which in the case of the example provided in the previous post is called "Stop at a Winner Tipster",
Column 2) SelectionName. The name of the horse,
Column 3) MarketType. Win
Column 4) BetType which is Back.

BFBOT will find all of the other data it needs from Markets tab.

You also need to set the Markets tab to auto load all of the races that could be selected so I do all UK & IRE horse races with a 2 hour auto reload as these are the events covered by the Tipster.

As Rade always says, make sure you test any system before you go live as whilst it works for me it might not for you and your settings.

Good luck.