Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By steveshort
Once again it is 3pm on Saturday and the bot has stopped.
I have been cutting down the systems running each week, but it is not enough.
Is there anything I can do about this?
Is there a way to get it running again without a complete restart?

Steve
By BfBotManager
Hi Steve,

Can you please be more specific and explain what exactly you mean when you say that bot has stopped?

Can you email us screenshots, log file, show number of strategies that you are running and number of loaded markets etc?

Also details on your system would be very useful e.g. RAM, CPU etc.

Regards,
Rad
By MBegenat1
This is email from inplaytrading on saturday 3.09 pm

3pm Betfair issues.

Hi guys

IF we lose games from 3 to 3.20 which appears to have been regular occurrence this season this really is out of our hands. This is a Betfair issue, server overload, not enough servers? We can only speculate as to reasons, why etc.........

See you later.

Ads.
By steveshort
Hello Rade

What I mean is that the Bot stops making bets.
Even after the 3pm rush it does not start again without me turning it off and losing all my data.
I have a PC on Windows 10 with an Intel i5 processor running at 3.4 GHz and 8 GB RAM.

I am currently running about 20 strategies with thousands of markets loaded.
I accept that there has to be a limit but can you tell me generally how/why it stops and the best way to get it running again without a full restart.

A lot of my strategies are on football and losing the busiest time of the week is a real nuisance.
Is it possible to give me an idea of limits so that I can try to adjust my system?
Would it help if the timing of placing the bets was spread out a bit more?

Regards
Steve
By BfBotManager
Hi steveshorts,

If bot is not placing bets, then you just need to adjust settings. Please save screenshots of following settings and email those to us or post them here:
1. screenshots of all Tools&Settings->Monitoring settings and General settings (all tabs)
2. screenshots of MARKETS and STRATEGIES grid views
3. content of log file, Tools&Settings->Log menu item
4. screenshot of API requests form (click on button at bottom right corner of main screen)

Once we check this we can help you adjust settings. Few thousand markets is not a problem if you have right settings.

Regards,
Rade
By steveshort
Hello Rade

I have all the stuff you asked for.
I don't think I have changed anything from default.
I saw there was a maximum markets figure set at 500 which is probably the first problem.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am having trouble uploading the files, I will email them to you.

Regards
Steve
By BfBotManager
Hi Steve,

We emailed you reply, but here is too.

You have set to monitor maximum of 500 markets at same time, but you loaded 6,852 markets so at some point there will be more than 500 active markets at same time. Change this to monitor 2,000 or 3,000 markets at same time and set refresh rate to 500ms instead of 1,000ms. Latest version allows refresh rates of 300ms, so you can try that too, but it might use your CPU too much as it requires really fast computer to execute so many requests per second.

Main problem that you will have is that horse races finish quickly while football matches last ~2 hours. You should run two bots on two different computers. One bot for football markets and other markets that last long like tennis and second bot for horse and greyhound races that finish quickly. If you run it all with one bot then football/tennis markets will cause you problems as there are many of those, so horse/greyhound race might finish/start while bot gets all prices for all markets.

At "Remove markets" you should tick options to remove Closed markets without any bets.

Also please install latest V3 version, here is download link:
https://www.bfbotmanager.com/bfbotmanager3.zip

Regards,
Rade