Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By chrisclarke
Hi,

Im looking to set up a strategy that places a bet at x% lower than SP in play. Is this possible to do? It needs to be on all markets, not just those that have betfair SP. Im new to bot manager and so can't quite figure out how to do this.

As an example, if something trades at 2.0 just before the off, i want to back it at 4 . 0 in play .if it trades at 3.0 just before the off i want to lay it at 6.0

Any help is much appreciated as I just can't work out how to do this

Chris
By BfBotManager
Hi Chris,

Betfair Start Price is only available for Betfair Start Price markets.

You can use "Price settings->Price rules" and set it to use BSP and then tick option to ask for better price by X%(makes your bet unmatched). Like this:
https://www.screencast.com/t/SN61Hmw0JL

For none BSP markets you can use minimum recorded price. At "Edit" form for your strategy you will find settings for recording min/max prices. Set this to start recording prices 60 seconds before start time and to stop 0 seconds before start time. If you check this "Price rules" screenshots you will see that "minimum recorded Back price" will be modified by 50% (ask for better price) when placing your bets:

At Market conditions add "Time to bet" and set it to start betting 0 seconds after market goes in play, so that your bets are placed during in play.

Regards,
Rade
By chrisclarke
Thanks for your quick reply. This way appears to be limited to 100% increase on the 'sp'. Is there any way to do it for a higher increase (200%/300% etc)?
By chrisclarke
Ok thanks. Is there a way you could fudge the close out functionality to do it instead.

Could you put an initial bet on of 1p and then close it out at a different stake?
By chrisclarke
Hi, using this facility, if I were to want to lay at 10 . 0 for example but the current lay odds were only 5.0, would it automatically take the lower odds of 5.0 or would it put the bet in at 10 . 0 and wait for it to be matched
By BfBotManager
Hi Chris,

Close or Hedge rules will only execute after price changes, that is after it goes below 5.0, not before.

There is "Trade out" rule that is designed to place unmatched bet at better price so that you get sure profit.

Regards,
Rade
By chrisclarke
Ok, but this facility is only available through the close/hedge functionality? So id have to place an initial bet first?

Ideally what id like to be able to do is wait while the event goes in play and then wait for a price to get to x (say 10.0) and then lay at that price.

It appears that the current way in trying will place a lay at 10.0 as soon as it goes in play but then it will be matched at whatever the current lay odds are if they are less than 10.0
By chrisclarke
Sorry, just further to this, i ideally want to be able to do it based on the start price (or effective start price where its not a bsp market)

So if sp is 2 or less then put a lay bet on at 4.0 if it reaches that level

If sp is 4 or less put a lay bet on at 8.0 etc
By BfBotManager
Hi Chris,

You can do it without any After bet rules by using initial bet only and "Price rules" condition that will ask for better price by X%. I explained that in my first post.
You can use "Price settings->Price rules" and set it to use BSP and then tick option to ask for better price by X%(makes your bet unmatched). Like this:
Regards,
Rade
By chrisclarke
Sorry, I'm not really following.

If i want to put a back bet on at 100% higher than starting price then I would

-in price rules, set initial price to be minimum recorded back price
-in modify initial price set it to 100% better price
-in market conditions say time to bet is in play

This puts a back bet on at 100%above starting price and waits for it to be matched.

My problem is how to do the same but for a lay. If I just did the above for a lay then it will just lay at the sp
By BfBotManager
Hi Chris,

Yes, that is correct. But do not forget to adjust settings for recording min price as that is used for non BSP markets:
For none BSP markets you can use minimum recorded price. At "Edit" form for your strategy you will find settings for recording min/max prices. Set this to start recording prices 60 seconds before start time and to stop 0 seconds before start time. If you check this "Price rules" screenshots you will see that "minimum recorded Back price" will be modified by 50% (ask for better price) when placing your bets:
You should create second strategy for Lay bets with same setting except for bet type that is set at Selection conditions tab.

Once you create strategies you can post them here and we will check them or you can simply test them with small stakes e.g. £0.50.

Regards,
Rade
By chrisclarke
Thanks. This works perfectly for the back section.

But my strategy is based on laying a selection if the price reaches 100% higher than sp. Under the methodology above, it would put the lay bet on at 100% higher 1 second in to inplay but then just match it at the lower value.

As an example, if back price is 3.25 and lay price is 3.35 at the off then I want to lay the selection at 5.70. If i place a lay bet at 5.70 then it will just match it at 3.35 which is not what I want
By BfBotManager
Hi chrisclarke,

If you want to Lay selection at higher price than BSP by 100% then you will need to use "Selection conditions->Price change - steamer/drifter" and set it to allow betting on selections whose Start Price goes up by 100%, like madjon suggested.

This should work in combination with "Default bet type".

"Price rules" should be set to place bets at 100% "worse" price, not better price, as Lay price higher by 100% than BSP is worse price.

Make sure you test this in simulation mode first to ensure it works exactly like you want it to as you will be placing Lay bets at high prices, so your exposure might be big.

Regards,
Rade