Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By Robbo123
Hi Rade,
Can you please make a suggestion for me.

I'm already set up with a strategy to lay the horse racing favourite in-running at better odds, but I don't want a recovery strategy from a favourite winning (a loser for me), but I do want to recover in my next bet or series of bets if my lay was not matched in running.

So in effect, I have missed out on a favourite not winning the race, so a 1 point lay was not won by me, so I want to redeem that over the next race. I'm not bothered about recovering any losses from a lay that was matched in-running and went on to win, only if lay was unmatched and the horse lost.

Thanks, in advance for your continued support

Robbo123
By Robbo123
Rade,
thanks.
What about some form of subsequent lay bet being triggered simply by 'if first bet is unmatched, then....lay next favourite in next race...or something'??? I'm guessing there

Thanks
By BfBotManager
Hi Robbo123,

All manuals bets placed by using MARKETS grid view or Ladder control are displayed in "Manual bets" strategy. It is not possible to display them in any other strategy.

You can use tips or pick your own selections and then set strategy to bet only on those selections, but you cannot place bet and add it to strategy.

Regards,
Rade
By Robbo123
Rade, Thanks for your reply
I dont know where Market Grid or how to make a selection and lay it as you comment, and it appear in Manual bets

Could you please give me step by step instructions

Many thanks

Robbo
By BfBotManager
Hi Robbo,

Here is short video that shows how to use Ladder control to place manual bets by clicking on ladder grid cells:
https://www.screencast.com/t/eloh6e7YZaa

In simulation mode all bets get matched at requested price, but in real mode such bets might be unmatched. So test it with small stakes to understand how it works.

Please test it in simulation mode.

Regards,
Rade
By Robbo123
Rade,
thanks for the video - works nicely thanks.

Could you please help with 2 further questions:

1. I wish to trial a system that selects horses who are carrying a penalty having won by more than 2 lengths last time out. Is there any provision for this?

2. I have a strategy that bets favourites for hunters race 'hunt' from CSV list. However, yesterday the bot placed bets on all races at Huntingdon, which I didn't want.
How can the Bot distinguish between Hunt and Huntingdon, and how should I set 'Market Type condition settings'

Thanks, as always for your continued support

Best
Robbo
By BfBotManager
Hi Robbo,

Answers:
1. sorry, bot does not have that information

2. you can use Racing - Venues filter and set it to allow betting on all other venues except Huntingdon.

Regards,
Rade
By Robbo123
Rade,
If I want to set up strategy to back all 'Listed' races, as long as its over jumps and not flat, how would I set up the markets filter?

Thank you in advance

best
Robbo
By BfBotManager
Hi Robbo,

You can only filter races by text in market name that is displayed at MARKETS grid view and this is done by using Market conditions->Markets filter condition e.g. allow betting on races whose name contains text Hcap, Mdn etc.

There are no other options to filter races.

Regards,
Rade
By rankez
For your strategy at Market conditions tab add "Markets filter" condition and set it not to allow betting on markets whose name contains text "Hcap". This will prevent strategy from betting on Handicap races.
Solved.