Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By euroscooby
Hi

Seems to be driving myself nuts trying to set up the above.

I am using Match Odds and I want to lay the away team only if they are the favourite to win the football match.

I seem to keep getting confused and ending up laying the wrong outcome....

How best to set this up?

Andy
Hi Andy,

At Selection conditions tab set following settings:
1. Bet type by RUNNER position and set it for runner by position 2 (away team at Match odds market)
2. Selections filter condition and set it to allow betting only on first favorite

At "Edit" form for your strategy tick option to use favorite positions from before in play ONLY if you are placing bets during in play, otherwise keep this unchecked.

Add all other conditions like markets filter (to allow Match odds markets), time of bet, overrounds, price range etc.

Then test it in simulation mode.

Regards,
Rade
By euroscooby
Hi Rade

Your reply got me thinking. So for a separate strategy I would like to do an in-play version.

In other words the away team is not the favourite at the start but scores and becomes the favourite, to place a bet then do I just need to at "Edit" form for the strategy tick option to use favorite positions from before in play?
Hi euroscooby,

Yes, that is right.

You also need to adjust time of bet and price range, so that betting is only allowed during in play and at price range you set.

Selection condition -> Min/max price range condition has also option to check price from before in play, so you might want to add this condition twice. One to check before in play price and second one to check current price at time of bet.

Regards,
Rade