Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By KongUK
Hi Rade

I tried this strategy yesterday on UK horses and dud nit get 1 bet fire at all.
l am thinking some constraints may be too tight. Can yiu recommend any to losen please?

Thanks
KongUK
By BfBotManager
Hi KongUK,

Make sure you loaded UK/Irish Win and Place horse racing markets and that those were monitored during in play.

Other than that you can adjust price ranges.

This is just example strategy, so try different settings in simulation mode and see how it works.

Regards,
Rade
By PunterPort2
As a new user, I too have been trying this example strategy. I want to adjust some of the settings but want to understand what I am doing!

Bearing in mind that this strategy is monitoring both Win and Place markets, in the Market Conditions the default settings for this strategy are monitoring the prices of the sixth and seventh favourite (in-play). Presumably the prices being monitored are those in the Place market (as this is the market defined in the Markets Filter) - is this correct? How could I change this to compare the prices of sixth and seventh favourites in the Win market instead?
By BfBotManager
Hi PunterPort2,

Yes, prices at Place market are checked as strategy is betting on Place market.

There is no option to check 6th/7th favorite from Place market price at Win market, but you can use condition "Bet if specific selection is in price range" and set it to check price of Win market 6th/7th favorite price. Difference here is that different selections can have 6th favorite position at Win and Place market as prices are different. So I am not sure if that would work like you want it to.

Regards,
Rade
By Robbo123
Hi Rade,
For a few days now Ive been trying to get this bot to trigger bets in the place market, but I cant help feeling there must be an error in the settings. I've seen videos of people using this method and they are getting a bet placed pretty much every race, so I don't understand why it wont work for me.
Even if, as you say, it is an example, then I would still expect the example to actually work in the first place, which then would allow me to adjust parameters to suit my betting requirements.
I have increased race time to 65%, and number of horses to 8 (odds 1.01 to 20), and 9 (odds >20), but still not triggering.
I've also removed the Overrounds parameter completely, to try and get it working.

I would prefer it to be making bets every race as a start point, and then I can modify,add filters as required.

Any advice with this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Robbo
By BfBotManager
Hi Robbo,

Win & Place markets both must be loaded for strategy to place bet.

It would be best if you post screenshots of loaded markets and export your strategy so that we can check your settings.

Regards,
Rade
By Robbo123
Rade,
Thanks
Ive been loading win and place markets fine i think
Please find attachments
thanks
best
Robbo
Attachments
ATM strategy
(2.53 KiB) Downloaded 558 times
Win and Place market
Win and Place market
Rade - Events & markets.png (73.48 KiB) Viewed 13746 times
Market
Market
Rade - Market conditions.png (158.04 KiB) Viewed 13746 times
Price
Price
Rade - Price settings.png (127.35 KiB) Viewed 13746 times
Select
Select
Rade - Select conditions.png (140.83 KiB) Viewed 13746 times
By BfBotManager
Hi Robbo,

Try removing "Min/max required price for selection on market" conditions as those might be too strict.

Also try removing other price range conditions

Then run it in simulation mode and see if it works. Once it works then add one condition at a time, that way you will know which one is causing you problems.

Make sure races are monitored during in play until Closed. This can be checked at Tools&Settings->Monitoring settings form.

Regards,
Rade
By PunterPort2
Rade wrote:Hi PunterPort2,

Yes, prices at Place market are checked as strategy is betting on Place market.

There is no option to check 6th/7th favorite from Place market price at Win market, but you can use condition "Bet if specific selection is in price range" and set it to check price of Win market 6th/7th favorite price. Difference here is that different selections can have 6th favorite position at Win and Place market as prices are different. So I am not sure if that would work like you want it to.

Regards,
Rade
Hi Rade

Thanks for your very prompt reply. What you are suggesting seems OK as I want to check when there are only six horses trading below a certain price on win market in play. However, the instructions for that condition "Bet if specific selection ..." state that to check prices in the win market I need to specify the meeting name e.g. Ascot. If I want to use this strategy to run continually on all qualifying races at all UK meetings does this mean I should enter a CSV list of all UK racecourses (using the Betfair names)?
Thanks
By BfBotManager
PunterPort2 wrote:I have been using this strategy and tried a few tweaks but haven't managed to turn a profit yet. Has anyone?
This is just example strategy to show how you can automated one of popular strategies that can be found on internet.

Regards,
Rade