Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By pfsword
Hi, I'm trying to get a strategy going that bets on horses win market in running at around 1.5 and then hedge should price go back up above 3 - I have the strategy working and placing bets - but I can't seem to get many bets on - both the initial bet and then even less so the hedge bet - it seems like the market moves too fast for the bets to get on - in both simulation and real mode - do you have any advice? I have a top speed fibre connection, so fairly sure its not my connection, or my PC. Is there any setting I can tweak to get the bot to interact with Betfair a bit quicker?

I also run the example ATM strategy (no tweaks) and get a couple of bets per week - certainly not every day - should this pick up more bets than this - or is the same problem also affecting this strategy?

thanks,

Paul
By BfBotManager
Hi Paul,

You should load only horse racing Win markets that go in play and set refresh rate to 500ms at Tools&Settings->Market monitoring settings. That way your strategy will get market prices two times each second.

Other than that it all depends on your settings. Try adjusting your settings and if you keep having problems then export your strategy and email it to us (or post it here) so that we can check it.

Regards,
Rade