Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By andyram63
Hello,

I am trying to place an Over/Under 2.5 bet when a list of teams are playing. So far, I have achieved this as follows:

I have a simple Match odds strategy that places a small bet when the home team is included in the Selections Filter (CSV)
Then if the bet is placed a second strategy places the O/U bet using the "Allow betting when xxxx strategy has matched bet on the event"

My questions are:

- Am I missing something and I can do this with only one strategy?
- If not, how can I make the first bet as neutral as possible (not to win or lose)? It is intended to trigger the second bet, not anything else.
- Is it possible for the first strategy to examine both the home and away teams for their names and place the bet if one or both of them are found? There is a chance that one of the home team names is not identical or similar to Betfair's, so I wanted to have the possibility to examine the away team as well.

thanks in advance
By BfBotManager
Hi Andyram63,

Have you tried using "Markets filter" and set it to allow betting only when market name contains one of team names? This will check market name that is displayed in MARKETS grid view which contains event name too e.g. Arsenal v Chelsea\Under/Over 2.5 goals".

That way you should be able to make it work with single strategy.

If that does not work like you want it to then you can set first strategy to place Unmatched bet at odds 1.01 e.g. Lay at price 1.01 (use Default price at Price settings tab, remove Price rules condition). Then second strategy should only bet if first strategy has Unmatched bet on same event.

Regards,
Rade