Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By Carlton68
Hi Rade,
I'm puzzled as to the best setting to use with a strat I'm playing with.
I'm using the correct score market and have drip layed bets on a particular score as well as laying AU. now i want to get out at a certain time and minimise the loss if a goal has not been scored. Is there a way to link all the strategies with their prospective profit and losses to minimize or maximize return. Currently the strat is throwing in 3 separate back bets and using the cash out function on betfair the loss is a lot less
Im hedging too would using the close function be better?

Pete
By BfBotManager
Hi Pete,

Hedge is similar to Cash out, it places bet so that you get equal profit or loss regardless if runner wins or loses.

Close condition works differently, it places bet so that you get profit if selection wins and zero loss if it does not, or if odds move against you then it places bet so that you get zero profit if selection wins and loss if it does not.

Both options have 5 different ways to calculate profit/loss that will be hedged. If you want to hedge each bet separately then use last option that calculates p/l by using initial bet only. You can also use option to use p/l that is calculated by using all placed bets by all strategies, but in that case you should use just one hedge/close function, to avoid getting multiple bets. We recommend using last option, that calculates p/l by using initial bet only, it will give you separate hedge/close bet for each bet that you have placed but it is safest hedge option.

Regards,
Rade
By Carlton68
Thanks for the quick reply Rade, the option I think i need would be using the profit loss from all strategies, however I'm a bit confused as to whether option 1 or 2 would be the best, could you explain both. My lays would be on two differing selections, (the score and AU) but in the same market (CS). I'm not quite sure how the two differ.
Pete