Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By brockie111
Hi,

I am new to using the software and am having trouble trying to automate a system. My system incorporates the following that I'm having trouble with:

1) proportion of total matched amount on a given selection (I.e., total matched on selection / total matched on market)

2) the above relative to the implied chance (based on odds) for a given selection

Ideally, I would e.g. like to be able to pick out horses that have the highest amount matched relative to their chance of winning. If not possible, are any elements possible that I can play around with?

Also, I see that e.g. for a steamer the back price or last traded price can be monitored. Is it possible to monitor the weighted average price (based on volume traded at each price)?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
By BfBotManager
Hi brockie111,

1 & 2) there is no option in V3 that works like this. We might add this in one of next updates.

At strategy "Edit" form you can set to determine favorites by highest amount matched e.g. selection with highest matched/traded amount is first favorite. There is no option to compare this amount or percentage with currently available prices.

There is no option to calculate weighted average price.

Regards,
Rade
By brockie111
OK, thank you for the quick response. If possible to add such features in a future update that would be very interesting to me.
By brockie111
Hi, one more query: is it possible to use reverse logic to hedge i.e., if a selection's price does not go down by x%? For example, I would like to back a selection that is a steamer (e.g. price goes down by 20%) and then hedge before in-play if the price does not go down by a further 20%.

The only method I have come up with is to use 2 separate strategies in conjunction, the 2nd of which only places bets on selections that are matched in the 1st strategy. However, it is then not possible to hedge based on the price and stake of bets placed in the 1st strategy.

Thanks in advance
By BfBotManager
Hi brockie111,

Sorry, that is not possible. Maybe we should add new option to hedge e.g. "only if price changes less than X%". That way if price changes only little bit hedge would execute. In combination with time that should solve your problem.

Regards,
Rade
By brockie111
Yes, that would be great if can add option to hedge only if price goes up/down less than x%.

As previously mentioned, it would be great if weighted average price could be tracked as well as back/lay/last traded price.

Thanks