Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By aereol
Hi
I have a strategy for greyhound racing but instead of placing one lay bet on the fav within my price range the bot will fire in as many as 5 bets all outside the price range ,,,,,,,,,,,where have I gone wrong please?
Attachments
Greyhound 1.JPG
Greyhound 1.JPG (40.25 KiB) Viewed 9706 times
greyhound 2.JPG
greyhound 2.JPG (47.94 KiB) Viewed 9706 times
greyhound 3.JPG
greyhound 3.JPG (21.47 KiB) Viewed 9706 times
greyhound 4.JPG
greyhound 4.JPG (26.39 KiB) Viewed 9706 times
By BfBotManager
Hi aereol,

You are using default bet type that is setting bet type on all selections. Please remove it.

You need only "Bet type by favorite position", so that bet type is set only for first favorite by position.

Then try again in simulation mode.

Regards,
Rade
By aereol
Attached is a strategy that I have but cannot get it to work in the place market??.............attached is the blighter,,,,,just cannot see the woods for the trees I guess!
Cheers in advance
Attachments
(3.98 KiB) Downloaded 615 times
By BfBotManager
aereol wrote:Attached is a strategy that I have but cannot get it to work in the place market??.............attached is the blighter,,,,,just cannot see the woods for the trees I guess!
Cheers in advance
Hi aereol,

You sent us 4 strategies in this file. Which one should bet on Place market? They are all set for Win market.

Make sure you load Place markets to MARKETS grid view.

Regards,
Rade
By aereol
Sorry I must have sent wrong file?! ;) , its the LTO I want to lay both Win and Place market
Thank you for helping
Attachments
(3.97 KiB) Downloaded 606 times
By BfBotManager
HI aereol,

You sent us 4 strategies again, and there is no LTO strategy. There are 4 strategies and I guess "Lay The Fav" is the one that is causing you problems as it is the only one set to place bets on WIN and PLACE markets. Take a look:
http://screencast.com/t/zlD328Icb0

Your min/max price conditions are set to check price range that is only satisfied on Win markets. For place markets those are not satisfied. That is why bets are not being placed on PLACE market.

You should make 2 strategies, one for Win market and one for Place market. Strategy for Place market should have only basic conditions and it should use selection condition "Only if specified strategy has bets" on same SELECTION.

That way your WIN market strategy will check all price ranges, BF/CD/D/C settings, number of active runners etc. and it will place bets. Once WIN strategy places bet then PLACE strategy will be able to bet on same selection. PLACE strategy does not need to check all those settings again, as it is allowed to bet only if WIN strategy has placed bet.

Please try to make those changes and test this in simulation mode. It should work well.

Regards,
Rade