Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
Close position.PNG
Close position.PNG (42.87 KiB) Viewed 20622 times
P&L.PNG
P&L.PNG (13.46 KiB) Viewed 20622 times
Hi Rade

I'm using a LTD strategy with the aim to cancel my liability on the draw and leave all profits on the 2 other outcomes.

My testing with the hedge after bet settings works well to hedge and leave an equal profits on the 3 outcomes (Home, Away, Draw), but I'm struggling with the close out where I want to cancel my liability on the draw and leave all profits on the Home and Away.

Please find attached my settings.

I've noticed that if I use the "Close position by Backing", then I get all the profits on the draw and nothing on the 2 other outcomes, which is exactly the opposite I want.

By reading your guide, this confirmed that I need to use "Close position by Lying" (which is a bit confusing because it will back the outcome anyway but I got the idea). Testing it a bit last night and it gives better results however, it still does not cancel the liability on the Draw (far from it please see attached).

Would you be able to help me on this?

Many thanks
Regards
Vincent
Hi Vincent,

If you have Lay The Draw bet then you cannot close this position with Lay bet, it can only be done with Back bet. Please select option to close your position by Backing selection.

Can you please try it like that and then send us following:
1. export your strategy
2. screenshot of placed bets

Then we will check it and see if there is anything wrong with this logic.

Regards,
Rade
Hi Vincent,

Thank you for sending your strategy.

This is all working by design.

Your position on the draw was closed properly by placing Back bet. If match ends as draw then you get profit, otherwise you get zero loss.

I understand that you want to transfer all profit to other side e.g. to get profit if match does not end as draw and to get zero loss if it ends as draw. For that new functionality is needed, it cannot be done with existing logic.

Regards,
Rade
Hi,

Beta version of V3 is updated and Close condition now has new option "If possible place bet so that we get profit if selection loses".

Download link:
http://www.bfbotmanager.com/bfbotmanager3_beta.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please test this in simulation mode and let me know if you get any problems with this new functionality.

Regards,
Rade
Hi Vincent,

Strategies are not deleted when you install updated version.

If they are not loaded then they are lost. You should always backup strategies after you configure them, by exporting them to a file.

Please email us log file to check it for any errors. Thank you.

Regards,
Rade
dtjcsky wrote:Hi Rade,
How does "If possible place bet so that we get profit if selection loses". condition work, sounds interesting.
Regards
Hi dtjcsky,

That is the new option that got added because it was requested in this thread. Please read thread discussion from start.

LAY THE DRAW POSITION
If you have Lay the draw bet £10 at odds of 3.0. Then your position is:
If selection wins you lose -£20.
If selection loses you win £10.

ODDS CHANGE
If odds go up to 5.0 then you can place Back bet. Size of Back bet decides if you will have profit if selection wins or profit if selection loses.

CLOSE POSITION
Back bet £10 at odds of 5.0 will create position like this:
If selection wins you win £20.
If selection loses you get zero profit £0.

Back bet £5 at odds of 5.0 will create position like this:
If selection wins you get zero profit £0.
If selection loses you win £5.

This second case is the one that you will get if you use "If possible place bet so that we get profit if selection loses.

HEDGE OR GREEN UP
If this was Hedge condition then Back bet £6 at odds of 5.0 would be placed and it would create position like this:
If selection wins you win £4.
If selection loses you win £4.

Regards,
Rade
fiscelan wrote:Hi Rade

Attached my log.

Regards
Vincent
Hi Vincent,

Log file shows that you had some third party strategy loaded that used external dll file. This file was not available so bot failed to load strategies after update.

This has nothing to do with update, it is related to missing third party dll file.

For more information please contact us by email.

Regards,
Rade