Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By Perpendicular
I have a request for new Market Condition: Allow/Deny betting on horse/greyhound races that are between certain distances. The input parameters would be
1. Checkbox to Allow/Deny betting if the race fits the condition.
2. Minimum distance
3. Maximum distance

So this would enable for example the following conditions:
- Allow betting on Horse races that are shorter than 1 mile -> set 0 and 1600 as min/max distance.
- Allow betting on Horse races that are longer than 2000 meters -> set 2000 and 9999 as min/max distance
- Deny betting on Greyhound races that are shorter than 400 meters -> Check "Deny" and set 0 and 400 as min/max distance
etc

This should work on in any races that include the race length (either miles/furlongs or meters) in the market name. And it should work on Horse and Greyhound markets. The inputs should be meters and obviously the miles/furlongs should be converted to meters before checking the filter.
By BfBotManager
Hi Perpendicular,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Yes, it is possible to add this.

Until this gets added you can use Markets filter and set it to allow or not allow betting on races with specific text in their name. For example, allow betting on markets with text "5f,6f,7f" in their name but do not allow betting on markets with text "1m,2m,3m" in their name etc.

Regards,
Rade
By Perpendicular
Yes, I've used the filtering before, but the problem is that I need to also mix in there race types, like bet on HCAP-races that are less than 1m, but do not bet on HCAP HRD-races etc. So to combine all race classes as well race distances gets a bit hairy and often requires more then one strategy to fulfill all the desired combinations.

So it would help a lot if the distance is a separate condition and one could use the allow/disallow betting with specific text for the race classes.