Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
Good morning Rade,

I have a problem with strategy and would appreciate your help on this one. It is football, match odds market and correct score market as helper.
I would like to place a dutching back bets for "1" and "DRAW" after the following conditions are met:
  1. Starting price for the "1" (home team) is less or equal 5. (here is the question - is it possible? I've tried to use Market Condition > Min/Max > Runner by postion Starting Price but the result was that no bet was placed; maybe I don't unerstand well the SP term... or maybe there is another way?)
  2. MATCH_ODDS traded volume is >10000.
  3. Game is in play.
  4. When to place bets? When "DRAW" back price drops to 2 and...
  5. ...additional condition: both teams must not have scored any goals so far, so the score has to be 0:0. I figured out that the CORRECT SCORE market position "1" has to be 'alive' and made a condition for it.
If the above conditions are met then place back bets for "1" and "DRAW" using 'overall exposure', with min. ROI 10% for each runner: '1' and 'DRAW'.
Strategy I have made so far places back bet for '1' and the stake is correctly calculated. What it does not do - there is no back bet for 'DRAW'.

When I used the #1 condition (SP) it skipped the market. When I deleted #1 condition it placed just the '1' back bet, no draw. It did it twice - screenshot.
Thank you in advance for help
Regards
tde
Attachments
(2.6 KiB) Downloaded 656 times
2015-11-24-09-58-35_scrot.png
2015-11-24-09-58-35_scrot.png (11.6 KiB) Viewed 6816 times
Hi tde,

Answers:
1. Betfair Start Price (BSP) is only available for Betfair Start Price markets after market goes in play. Those are usually horse races, but recently there are also football Match odds and other markets that are BSP markets. So make sure that your markets are BSP markets.

2. Traded volume looks ok

3. Time of bet looks ok

4. Required price for The Draw looks ok

5. This is ok, but it would be better if you used "Bet when score" market condition as that condition also uses Correct Score market prices to determine score but it is more reliable. "Only bet if score" will use max set odds for CS selection that is impossible from settings form:
http://screencast.com/t/h8wjnpnAQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bet when score condition will require that CS market has higher traded volume, so that score can be determined reliably.

Your exposure is set to $3.00, which means that you are placing bets below Betfair minimum. To place 2 bets you will need (2 x min bet size + both bet sizes + 0.01) available to bet in your wallet. That should be around $13.01 if minimum bet size is $5.0.

At your strategy details you also need to change settings and allow 2 bets per market. Right now this is set to 1, so it is preventing strategy from placing bets on both selections. Set this to be like this:
http://screencast.com/t/eg8olU5xyA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
Rade
Rade wrote: 1. Betfair Start Price (BSP) is only available for Betfair Start Price markets after market goes in play. Those are usually horse races, but recently there are also football Match odds and other markets that are BSP markets. So make sure that your markets are BSP markets.
So I did misunderstand the BSP term.
Is there a way to use avg. price from before going in-play? In general options I see the prices are being recorded. Can I make a use of it as mentioned before: avg. price for runner '1' before going in-play was [price range].

Rade wrote: 5. This is ok, but it would be better if you used "Bet when score" market condition as that condition also uses Correct Score market prices to determine score but it is more reliable. "Only bet if score" will use max set odds for CS selection that is impossible from settings form:
http://screencast.com/t/h8wjnpnAQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bet when score condition will require that CS market has higher traded volume, so that score can be determined reliably.
Damn, haven't noticed that condition before...

Rade wrote: Your exposure is set to $3.00, which means that you are placing bets below Betfair minimum. To place 2 bets you will need (2 x min bet size + both bet sizes + 0.01) available to bet in your wallet. That should be around $13.01 if minimum bet size is $5.0.
I prefer testing with small stakes rather than in simulation. I've never had a problem with small stakes on football markets but will have that in mind from now on.

Rade wrote: At your strategy details you also need to change settings and allow 2 bets per market. Right now this is set to 1, so it is preventing strategy from placing bets on both selections. Set this to be like this:
http://screencast.com/t/eg8olU5xyA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Another thing overlooked by me. I believe this is it. Thank you.

Regards
tde
thedeepestend wrote:
Rade wrote: 1. Betfair Start Price (BSP) is only available for Betfair Start Price markets after market goes in play. Those are usually horse races, but recently there are also football Match odds and other markets that are BSP markets. So make sure that your markets are BSP markets.
So I did misunderstand the BSP term.
Is there a way to use avg. price from before going in-play? In general options I see the prices are being recorded. Can I make a use of it as mentioned before: avg. price for runner '1' before going in-play was [price range].

At the moment there is no option to check price range for Back/Lay/Traded price from before in play, so checking BSP solves this issue. But I believe that we can easily fix this by adding option to "Min/max price range" condition to check prices from before in play. I will see if we can add this in next update.

Regards,
Rade