Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By KongUK
Hi Rade

I am trying 4 strategys based on dutching 4 selections from each race. All strategys are the same except for the staking plan. I am using;
1 the same stake
2 the same favs ie 1-4
3 the same markets
4 the same rules
5 min number of qualified selections
6 ask worse price by 6 ticks
7 Time to bet 20 seconds before off (I cannot afford for this to be longer on the greyhounds as prices can be bad, prefer 10 secs)

I am still getting 1 or more bets not being placed and in some cases strat 4 (bottom of list) none at all?
Surely if rule 5, it should not bet on 2 or 3 out of the 4 required?

I am using a VPS and normally no issues as have had 20 or more different strats running before.
Maybe it struggles with the amount of calcs per market?

regards

KongUK
By BfBotManager
Hi KongUK,

It is usually issue with user settings or with unavailable amount of money to bet in case of bets below Betfair minimum.

Please export your strategy that is not working, make screenshots of markets where strategy did not place bets but it should and we will check it. Also save screenshot of market monitoring settings, loaded markets, content of log file and "other informations" tab for that strategy.

Regards,
Rade
By KongUK
Hi Rade

Here is all the info, anything missing please let me know

I have attached 2 of the 4 strategys as 1 & 2 seem to be ok most of the time.
Screenshots for failed bets will only allow a small snapshot in the window view so I grabbed an example. Both of these strats had many failures sometimes placing 1 or 2 bets per market or none at all.

I cannot add the log file as it wont accept .txt format and if change to .gz its over 512mb ;-/

Regards

KongUK
Attachments
(2.76 KiB) Downloaded 588 times
FailedBets.PNG
FailedBets.PNG (123.14 KiB) Viewed 10302 times
FailedBets2.PNG
FailedBets2.PNG (111.88 KiB) Viewed 10302 times
AutoLoad.PNG
AutoLoad.PNG (59.69 KiB) Viewed 10302 times
LoadedMarkets.PNG
LoadedMarkets.PNG (310.71 KiB) Viewed 10302 times
MarketMonitoring.PNG
MarketMonitoring.PNG (54.12 KiB) Viewed 10302 times
Strat3Other.PNG
Strat3Other.PNG (44.14 KiB) Viewed 10302 times
Strat4Other.PNG
Strat4Other.PNG (53.55 KiB) Viewed 10302 times
By BfBotManager
Hi KongUK,

Thank you for posting those details.

Log file cannot be 512MB big, it has maximum size of 1Mb. Please send log file by email (reply to any email that you received from us).

You are placing bets below Betfair minimum, so for each bet you must have 2gbp + stake available to bet in your wallet for bets to be placed.

For your 4 strategies placing 4 bets each this is 16 bets x 2gbp + 16 stakes, that is minimum of 32gbp + size of all 16 stakes. Are you sure that you have that money available to bet at all times?

Process of bet placement for bets below Betfair minimum is explained in following thread:
http://www.bfbotmanager.com/phpbb3/view ... ?f=8&t=785" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
Rade
By BfBotManager
Hi KongUK,

Thank you for sending log file.

Following bets were placed after start time, so it is possible that race started while bets were being placed:
10/19/2015 12:58:18 PM: HandleOnPlaceBets: Placed bet, betId: 56929390169, sizeMatched: 0.47, success: SUCCESS
10/19/2015 12:58:21 PM: HandleOnPlaceBets: Placed bet, betId: 56929391512, sizeMatched: 0.52, success: SUCCESS

I suggest you adjust your time of bet condition so that it stops placing bets 5 seconds before start time.

Regards,
Rade
By KongUK
Hi Rade

I have Time to Bet set at 20 seconds, so maybe the conversion from minimum stake takes 15 seconds?

Also are my market monitoring settings right as I remember before you sugeested 10 mins?

thanks

KongUK
By BfBotManager
Hi KongUK,

Market monitoring settings are ok, but there is no need to start monitoring markets 60 minutes before start time when you are placing bets ~1 minute before start time. I suggest you set this to 5 minutes before start time.

I think this problem is related to several bets below Betfair minimum being placed at same time, which can cause large exposure and some bets might get refused as in that moment you might not have enough funds to place them all at same time. Also second issue is that bets were being placed after start time so it is possible that race started while bets below minimum were placed. Try to fix those two issues by adding more funds and adjust time of bet to stop placing bets 5s before start time.

Regards,
Rade