Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By fiscelan
Hi Rade,

I'm having trouble with hedging prices when they drop by 50% of the original bet.

Case1: LTD
I use the hedging method when the back price has reached 50% of the initial lay price so that I lose maximum 1 point should the draw happen during the game

Case2: DOB (Double Or Bust)
For horses this time, I'm hedging when the lay price has been reduced by 50% for 1 point profit whatever the outcome.

In both case, when I set the hedging condition to 50%, the bot always hedge when the price is higher than the requested 50%. I've found out that it tend to gedge pretty correctly with a 66% value which does not make sense to me.

Case1: LTD @3.6, then the bot would not hedge @1.8 but above this, for ex, @around 2.1 or2.
Case2: just happened this afternoon, horse backed @8.00, then bot hedge @6.4 whereas it should have hedged @4.00! And this price has been reached since the bot went to win...

Would you have an explanation?

I've upload screenshots for both cases (they are very similar)

Many thanks
Vincent
Attachments
Case1.PNG
Case1.PNG (39.35 KiB) Viewed 7696 times
Case2.PNG
Case2.PNG (39.39 KiB) Viewed 7696 times
By BfBotManager
Hi Fiscelan,

50% price change down from price 3.2 is not 1.6, it is (3.2 - 1.0) * 50% = 2.2 * 50% = 1.1, so price 2.1 is 50% of 3.2. That way 100% change gives you price 1.0 and not invalid price of 0.0.

You are also using worse price by X ticks which means that bot will adjust current price by X ticks after price change condition is satisfied.

During in play prices change fast, so it is possible that you get better price than the one you requested.

You have also set to retry hedge if bet is unmatched for 3 times, in this case if first bet is unmatched then hedge will cancel it and automatically place new hedge bet at new price. This new price can be different and might not satisfy your condition of 50% price change.

Regards,
Rade
By fiscelan
Rade,

Thanks for your reply.

That's what I thought, the reduction is in fractional price and needs to be converted into decimal price (so 1.0 to be deducted).Hence why I arrived at 65% of reduction for football prices (odds relatively low less than 4.00), but around 60% for horses where odds are usually higher.

Any possibility of improvement on the calculation on the price reduction (basically I want to only lose/win my stake back)?

Best regards
Vincent