Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By ukconnection
Hi before i verify the license i just bought for V3, i would like to know if this application can "talk SOCKS" with a local SOCKS server. Normally i can tunnel browser web traffic to my server in London by using Putty and Firefox. I am wondering if i can set BFBotManager Proxy settings to 127.0.0.1 localhost and let Putty work the tunnel. I travel extensively for very long periods, so i really need a proxy solution.
Is it right that proxy settings can be only set-up once on license verification and cannot be edited later on.?
cheers
By BfBotManager
Hi ukconnection,

At login form, instance of Internet Explorer is used to display Betfair login screen. Try setting proxy in your Internet Explorer and then opening login screen. That should solve proxy issue for login form.

Then at verify license screen you can enter proxy details that will be used by V3.

I am not sure if this will work for you, but you can always rent UK VPS server to run the bot. Please see following article on this:
http://www.bfbotmanager.com/cgi-bin/faq.pl?pid=16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can access VPS server by using remote desktop connection from anywhere in the world.

Regards,
Rade
By ukconnection
Cheers Rade..your answer helped me prove that BFBM V3 does indeed work with Putty on 127.0.0.1.
If any bot users have their own linux server and are familiar with using Putty, you will most likely get a putty protocol 2 error when trying use a tunnel to login with the bot. However this can be fixed by un-ticking GSSAPI authentication in Putty and it allowed me to login and operate the bot. Very Wonderful indeed, i shall enjoy trading strategies from Vegas next week.