Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
Hi Rade,
Loving the Bot, great work!
I've been trying to setup the Example Greyhound Trap1 strategy with a rule so that it won't bet if the dog in trap 1 is the 1st favourite, but not having much luck - please can you advise if this is possible?
Many thanks.
Hi SavingFairy72,

Yes, it is possible. At Selection conditions tab add "Selections filter" and set it to allow betting on favorites by position, enter CSV list like this "2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10". That will allow betting on favorites by position from 2nd to 10th and prevent betting on 1st favorite by position.

Regards,
Rade
Valencia wrote:I tried this. But it still makes bets.
Hi Valencia,

Please post screenshots of all your Selection conditions, strategy Edit form settings and of placed bets.

Make sure that at races at which bot placed bets there were not joint favorites, that is first and second favorite with same prices. In that case price can change after bet is placed, so it might appear that bot bet on first favorite but actually bot placed bet on selection when it was second favorite.

Regards,
Rade
Hi Valencia,

Markets grid view shows first favorite for last downloaded prices, not favorite at time of bet.

You could have 10 strategies and they could be placing bets at different times. Which prices should markets grid view use to display favorite positions in that case? That is why markets grid view shows favorite positions for last downloaded prices.

At BETS history tab, for your placed bets, you can find column "favorite position, and there you can see that runner favorite position at time of bet. (right click on column header, select "Column chooser" and add "Favorite position" column if it is not displayed at bets history tab).

You should set Time of bet to be 5 or 10 seconds before start time, to avoid situations where favorite positions change after your bets are placed.

Regards,
Rade
Dear Rade,

Maybe it is because my English is not so good but there is a thing I don't understand. When I place a laybet with the another software of 0,50 on the first trap I receive 0,50 minus commission back when it loses but when I let your bot do the work I always got far less in return. What am I doing wrong?

Valencia
Last edited by BfBotManager on Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Do not say name of other programs
Hi Valencia,

You are probably using amount to win or lay to liability. Please check "Staking" tab of your strategy for those settings.

If you get further problems then please export your strategy and save screenshots of placed so that we can check your settings and help you adjust them to work like you want them to.

Regards,
Rade
Valencia wrote:Hi Rade,

This is the setting.

Valencia
Hi Valencia,

If you remove it then you will get level stake bets.

Please try it out in simulation mode and please for any future queries start new thread. Thank you!

Regards,
Rade