Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By wellos
is it just my end or are the aus results not coming through.

This has happened to me before. rade is there some sort of bfbot reset I need to do or is it betfair. seems to work ok on UK results just AUS
By BfBotManager
Hi,

I cannot check this at the moment because I am on holiday.

If you continue to have problems in next few days then I will check it out when I get back home next week.

Regards,
Rade
By wellos
Seems to be working again maybe it was a betfair issue - did anyone else have no results for aus markets past 2-3 days
By wellos
problem is back again rade

UK results overnight no problem now AUS not coming through. i have exact same settings.

What would you suggest as a fix

Thanks
By wellos
Still waiting ??

It seems to be a bit random, they are now mostly coming through but every now and then one doesnt come through which halts my whole process as I rely on each market being settled.

Uk no prob

Any suggestions rade ??
By BfBotManager
Hi,

Results are only used for simulation mode, there should be no problems with real bets.

Results service is up and running. If only some results are missing or late then it is issue with results service.

I will test this for next few days and see if there are any issues that need to be fixed, but it seems that it is just a temporary issue with results service.

Regards,
Rade
By wellos
Screen Shot 2012-07-12 at 6.35.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-07-12 at 6.35.32 PM.png (70.55 KiB) Viewed 25732 times
Pain in the neck it goes for however long and then just stops - was working for ages up until the last few weeks - UK no prob just aus
By BfBotManager
Hi Wellos,

This is all OK.

As you can see on screenshots almost all results are there, except one. That happens sometimes when result is missing because of results service etc.

Anyway, I will investigate this and see if there is anything I can do to improve this.

You should not be using bot in simulation mode for long periods of time, you need to place real bets too.

Regards,
Rade
By wellos
Thanks Rade - Yes I understand that but I am taking advantage of a real bet after x losses which should be fine as it is a feature of the programme. Has been working successfully for ages but just last few weeks the result hangs and cant move forward as I have set 0 settled markets as part of the strategy.

Once again its only AUS
By UncleLS
I have also be having problems with mostly AUS markets as well and other markets at random on horse and dogs. I also tested using a different BOT program running at the same time on the same markets and did not have any result problems in the other BOT, so I don't think this can be Betfair problem?
By BfBotManager
Hi,

Maybe they are using different results service.

I checked this and tested bot. Issue with Australian markets is that sometimes results are not available for certain races by results service so bot cannot get result.

For races that go in play you can turn on inferred winner functionality at Tools->Settings and get result like that. Make sure you set market monitor settings to monitor markets during in play and set refresh rate to 1000ms if you do this.

Regards,
Rade
By UncleLS
Hi Rade,

Do you know which results service the BF Bot Manager uses? I know the other BOT uses multiple result services, I can retest using the same service if its available!

I prefer using BF BOT manager for my real bets, as it has some options the other BOT does not have.
By wellos
its still happening very frustrating i agree other bot is having no problem.

I am wondering if it is something to do with latest version as previous never failed once do you have previous version you can email me rade and i will uninstall and reinstall to see if that works.

It is every day and randomly
Screen Shot 2012-07-20 at 5.57.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-07-20 at 5.57.19 PM.png (183.33 KiB) Viewed 25647 times
By BfBotManager
Hi Wellos,

There were no changes to results logic in last few updates so that is not issue.

Like I said, I checked this issue and the problem was that results service did not publish results for some races. That has nothing to do with bot or its logic.

Regards,
Rade
By BfBotManager
Hi UncleS,

You can send me by email list of results services that you have for Australian horse races and I will check and see if they can be added to Bf Bot Manager.

Regards,
Rade
By UncleLS
Hi Rade,

The results from AUS greyhounds and trots have been particularly unreliable resently. I ran in simulation for a few hours today and yesterday and did not get any results for the dogs. Have been having trouble for at least a month. So the BOT is currently unusable for me on AUS dogs. Works OK on UK dogs and horses, but the results are a bit slow sometimes. US dogs and horse results are also very slow and sometimes do not come through, particularly dogs!

I hope the result situation can be improved in future. Currently I can bet only on UK dogs, UK horses, and AUS horses (the ones that go in play seem to be better and cuts out most of the trots). This restriction to real betting is currently OK for me, but I would like to use the BOT on all AUS/NZL markets (I am Aus based).
By BfBotManager
Hi UncleS,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems, but I cannot help you much here. Bot is using results xml feed to get results when in simulation mode and if this results xml feed does not publish results for those races then there is nothing bot can do. It is not a bug on our side.

If we find new results xml feed for Australian dog races then we will try to add it.

Regards,
Rade
By UncleLS
Hi Rade,

I'm not blaming BF BOT for this result situation, I was just making a note so other users that are using auto BOTs to beware of the result service situation on AUS markets at the moment. By the way I have found the other BOT I'm using also has a lot of trouble with AUS dogs, but is good with AUS horses. There is something wrong with AUS results services currently and I don't know who to report it too.

I need good simulation results, because my current system utilises the auto real/simulation switch to reduce my recovery bet sizes, which has been working OK until recent problems with AUS results.