Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By w0nd89
I created two strategies, one for WTA and one for ATP.

The one for WTA opens bets, but the one for ATP doesn't. What is wrong that I can't understand?

This is the only difference in the settings of the two strategies.

Attachments
(4.37 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
By BfBotManager
Have you checked strategy "Reports" tab to see which rule is preventing bet placement? Maybe live in play data is not available, as your strategies are allowed to bet only when selected player is server.

At main MARKETS grid view check column Live score to see if live in play data is provided by Betfair for that tennis match.
By w0nd89
The strategy has been running for 2 days, with different filters for odds. I find it hard to believe that in 2 days, the conditions to open even one bet have not been met at least once.
By BfBotManager
It cannot be satisfied if bot does not have live in play tennis information. Betfair stopped providing tennis live data for several competitions last September/October.
By w0nd89
Indeed, I removed the serve filter and now it opens bets.

Can't you form a partnership like IPT, but for tennis? Someone who provides real-time information, as well as pre-match statistics such as:

Serve percentage
Break success percentage
Points won on first serve
Points won on return, on the first serve, second serve, etc.
Because what BF Bot Manager offers is not helpful if we don't have live score information. Neither the serve filter, the current game score filter, nor the game score filter. Practically, we are only betting on odds for events where there is no live information.
By BfBotManager
We do not have any partners that are providing such information, but it is possible that Betfair will continue providing live tennis information for those events in the near future.
By BfBotManager
w0nd89 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:31 am I have one more question,

Can the football form filter be used for tennis?

This one
No, you cannot use football rules for tennis markets.
By w0nd89
Well, what can you do for tennis?

Because Betfair shows live scores, but you say it's not provided and filters for serve, score, etc. cannot be used.
You can't filter player form.
You don't want to work with a statistics provider.

I don't want to be mean, but tennis is a sport where odds have massive movements. It's a good sport for trading.

Are you considering making an update to facilitate betting on this sport?
By BfBotManager
Betfair does not have license to provide tennis live scores via their API, but that might change in the future and we are doing by their recommendation, waiting for them to resolve that problem.
By w0nd89
I understand, but until then, it might be beneficial for the community to find alternative solutions, even if they are paid.

Additionally, some filters could be added:

Women's or men's tennis (because it's a mistake to combine them, they are practically totally different sports)
Player form
These are the first that come to mind and I can't find solutions for them.
Surely, other filters could be added to facilitate the creation of strategies for tennis. Especially now during the summer, when football is in the off-season.