Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By theclothcat
I've been using the Odds Staking Ladder and noticed that in Simulation Mode it has sometimes staked the incorrect amount for the odds range of a selection. Is this likely to be because of the delayed data in Simulation Mode? For example, a selection has passed all the market and selection checks and the odds ladder has determined the amount to bet but by the time the bet is "placed" the best odds available have changed significantly.

If so, is there a way around this in Simulation Mode?
You should check requested price column to see which price was used by Odds staking ladder, not matched price. Then you will probably see that Odds staking ladder used correct amount for requested price.

Your bet might get matched at better price if odds change while bet is being placed e.g. because of delayed data used in simulation mode. There is no workaround for delayed data, it is requirement by Betfair to use delayed data in simulation mode.
I've looked at a several bets now in simulator mode and the requested price was the same as the matched price but the odds ladder still bet too much i.e. not the amount specified for that odds range.

I have tried it in real mode now and did exactly the same thing. I have even tried changing the odds ladder to to use a multiplier instead together with a level stake set to £1. It still placed the wrong amount for the odds range. For a bet with requested odds of 1.78 my odds ladder has the price range 1.76 to 1.8 and a multiplier of 1.25 so should have placed (initial stake = 1) * 1.25 = £1.25 but actually placed £1.88.

I guess I am misunderstanding something about the odds ladder. Can I also ask you to clarify what "Stake is added to selection bet size value!" means on the Odds staking settings? What bet size value?
Please export your strategy and post it here so that we can check its settings and also please post screenshots of those placed bets and of your settings at "Tools&settings->General settings" first tab. Thanks.
Sorry but I don't want to post those details but I will post certain details of the staking ladder, staking settings, and example bet where it has bet the incorrect amount. Note that it also has this problem with simple stakes (not using a multiplier) and larger stakes (I tried it with a top stake of £10). Also note it happens in Simulation and Real mode.

I have a hunch I know what the problem is and will test this out shortly.
Attachments
Incorrect Price Requested Using Odds Staking Ladder 03-05-24 Capture.JPG
Incorrect Price Requested Using Odds Staking Ladder 03-05-24 Capture.JPG (14.72 KiB) Viewed 285 times
Odds Staking Ladder 03-05-24 Capture.JPG
Odds Staking Ladder 03-05-24 Capture.JPG (68.23 KiB) Viewed 285 times
Staking Settings 03-05-24 Capture.JPG
Staking Settings 03-05-24 Capture.JPG (36.15 KiB) Viewed 285 times