Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By Coach
I'm developing a strat that lays bets at SP (or better) for bets placed at a bookie earlier e.g. Bets placed early AM or day before, then bot lays at SP through the day (while i'm not home).

The goal is to protect the back stake (say $20), so if the horse wins the lay loss will be minimal, if the horse does not win as close to $20 is returned from the lay. I am hoping to capitalise if odds drop (lower than bookie odds) and protect me if odds drift.

The problem I have is the bot doesn't know what the back odds I get at the bookie. I think I need 2 strats, say A) lay odds drop by x% lay for $y liability, do not fire strat B AND B) lay odds drift up x% lay for $y liability, do not fire strat A ?

I have tested "liability or amount to win" but that didn't do what I needed, perhaps a combination of "dutching for target profit (lay)" AND trailing stop loss ?

Some of the bookie bets will have bet returns if finish 2nd, 3rd etc. so a small loss is OK
By BfBotManager
You can set strategy to place Lay bets at lower price than the currently available price by adjusting "Price settings->Price rules" rule. Set it to ask for better odds by X% or X ticks and then try it out in simulation mode.

You cannot use BSP bets because they are always placed to liability. If your Back stake is $20 then you need a Lay bet with $20 bet size (liability is much higher) at lower odds to cover the loss of Back bet. So just place regular $20 Lay bet at lower odds and then test it in simulation mode.

Do not use dutching for target profit or lay to liability. Please read manual for details about each rule and test it in simulation mode.
https://www.bfbotmanager.com/en/help/kn ... v3-version
By Coach
Thanks Rade. I've been testing your advice and trying some things from the manual but I still cant nail what I'm attempting to achieve, I think I need multiple strats or maybe My S with specific strats per horse.

I know the bot wont know the back odds and wont be perfect but what I am attempting to achieve is:

Friday: Back a horse at $3 at a bookie for a $20 stake (then use TippingSports to set lay bot to trigger)
Saturday: IF lay odds are below $3 at the off (1s before start time, take SP as persistence) lay $21.05 OR
IF lay odds are above $3 at the off set liability as $40.00

Next horse:
Friday: I then back a horse at $2 at a bookie for a $20 stake
Saturday: IF lay odds are below $2 at the off lay $21.05 OR
IF lay odds are above $2 at the off set liability as $20.00

Next horse:
Friday: I then back a horse at $5.50 at a bookie for a $20 stake
Saturday: IF lay odds are below 5.50 at the off lay $21.05 OR
IF lay odds are above $5.50 at the off set liability as $90.00

Repeat for multiple more horses
By BfBotManager
You can try to use "Staking->Odds ladder" staking plan, that allows you to set different bet size for each odds range. But you cannot turn on/off option to use liability by using odds.