Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By TomPS
Hi,

I'm trying to create a strategy that places double chance bets on my selections and every losing bet results in a recovery bet with double the stake of the original bet as a way to recoup a little of the losses. Whether this second bet wins or loses, the strategy restarts. On busy days I will have multiple markets running and overlapping each other, as is the way with football games so I would just want the strategy to find the next available match after a losing bet and place the double stake. Can you guide me on how to go about this?

TIA,

Tom.
You can use "Staking->Simple sequence overall p/l" and set multipliers to 1 and 2, so that second bet size gets multiplied by 2. Set it to go 100 steps when sequence reaches last multiplier.

Also use "Market conditions->Unsettled markets" rule and set it to 1, so that next bet is only placed after previous bet is settled.

Then try it out in simulation mode.
By TomPS
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I will mess around with this in simulation mode. With the unsettled markets rule, would that work with my strategy where I will have multiple games running through the day, often overlapping? eg. game one starts at 1pm and loses, while game two starts at 1.30pm. Would the bot not place any bet on game two in this case?
By TomPS
I think this needs more tweaking. Today I am running a whole bunch of games, with up to 15 games running at the same time, and/or overlapping start times with other games. Say 5 of those are losing bets, and 10 games win, it looks like the strategy you suggested cancels the losses when an overlapping game wins, ie. it ends after the losing game, but starts before the losing game ends. This means there is no attempt to recover those 5 losses. Is there any way to ensure each of those losses results in a recovery game?
Only way to get correct recovery is to place one bet at a time. Only then bot can place correct next bet size and adjust sequence position.

Alternatively, instead of using Simple sequence you can try using Overall loss recovery rule. That will recover your loss, it will not double your size, but it will recover lost bet size.

Whatever you do please make sure that you use simulation mode to test it, as stakes can increase rapidly in case of losing run or in case of multiple losing bets. Please use simulation mode while learning how software works.
By TomPS
Yeah, I was leaning towards that strategy myself. So in my previous example, where I had racked up 5 bets worth of losses, would I run the risk of the total loss value of all 5 losing bets being placed on the very next bet? If so, what is the best way to restrict this, spreading it across (hopefully) a roughly equal number of future bets, in this case, 5 bets? Max liability? Loss pots? So many options!
You can use option for number of losses in loss pot, set it to 1. But if that loss recovery fails, then the third bet will try to recover that second lost bet, so loss recovery will increase a lot, as your loss from second bet is bigger.

There is no option to make it reset after two lost bets.
By TomPS
Could I instead control the maximum stake allowed by minimising liability somehow? I see there are options to regulate maximum liability. I really don't want to be placing stakes more than 2/3x the original stake...
You can set maximum bet liability at strategy "Edit" form, the one where you set strategy name. But that will just cause loss recovery to require more bets to recover loss and it will result in maximum bet size all the time.
By TomPS
That might work though, if I were to set maximum liability to, say, double the original stake? So I am placing £1 stakes, and end up with 5 losses, totalling £5 loss. The bot would then continue to place £2 max stakes until the losses were (hopefully) recouped? Is that right?
By TomPS
Great, thanks. One last question before I trial this through the night: What does the bot count as a loss? Is it a trailing loss? eg. if I accrue a profit of £10 after a few good bets, but then lose one bet which takes £1 away from my £10 profit, does the bot still think I am in profit by £9 and continue with normal stake size, or will the recovery kick in to try to recoup the £1 loss? I am hoping it is the latter as I would want all my losses acted upon...
"Overall loss recovery" recovers over market loss, so if you make loss on single market of £1 then that will be considered as loss and recovered. Please use simulation mode to test it and take time to read the manual for details on how each rule and setting work.
By TomPS
I appreciate a stand-alone £1 loss would be chased, but how about my example? Where I am in overall profit, would a loss still be recovered? If not, can I reset the profit to zero after each bet so ALL losses are acted upon?

The manual is a little ambiguous on this topic, I'm afraid.