Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
Hi Rade,

Please can you clear up some confusion I'm having with how favourites are detemined within certain markets.

In markets such as "Correct Score" in football, there are occasions when goals have been scored and certain outcomes are impossible. Bfbotmanager displays the lay price for these selections as "0" and displays the liquidity as "£0.00".

If I have a strategy set to determine favourites using the lay price, will lay odds of 0 make a selection more favourable than a selection with lay odds of 1.5 ?

Additionally, sometimes the "impossible" outcomes will still have have some liquidity to be backed at relatively low odds (relatively low given that they are impossible.)

If I set a strategy to detemine favourites using chance, how does bfbotmanager calculate the chance value for a selection that, for example, has a back price of 50 and a lay price of 0 ?

Thanks
Hi pyrrhus80,

Runners that do not have available Lay price in this case are outsiders, not first favorites.

Default option for determining favorite positions is "Chance" value that is calculated by using back and lay price. Chance value is equal (1 / ((back price + lay price) / 2.0)). If one of prices is not available then chance is 0%. You can check this at selections grid view, here is screenshot:
https://www.screencast.com/t/tYKwhlueft

Runner with highest chance value is first favorite.

Regards,
Rade
pyrrhus80 wrote:Image

In the above example , the top row was an impossible outcome. It has a lay price of 0 but has a chance value of 1.89% and is the second highest.
That is just layout refresh issue as chance value did not get updated to 0% because of bad offer for that runner. We will fix this layout refresh issue in next update.

If you calculate SUM of other chance values that have valid offer then you will get 100% e.g. 0.64 + 98.58 + 0.78 = 100%

Logic that I explained is used in code and for strategies when deciding favorite positions.

Regards,
Rade