Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By fred777
Hi Rade

Is there a reason why you can not save bet history for more than 30 days? i find it a real pain as I have to export bets and save them per strat. it would be great if you could save for 6 months or three as a min. Any plans to extend?

Regards Pete.
By BfBotManager
Hi Pete,

Bets history uses a lot of memory and that is the only reason why it is limited to 30 days.

Just imagine how many bets there would be if users run 50 or 100 strategies at same time with different settings betting on all races or football matches or trading.

We might consider to change this and set limit on number of saved bets e.g. save last 5,000 or 10,000 bets, but I am not sure if that would solve the problem.

Regards,
Rade
By fred777
Hi Rade

I know I am running around 150 strats which is the issue, as I find strats that work I need the long term data. Sometimes I find a strat works well for a month and then falls over in the second month, I then want to evaluate why and do not have the data to do so. with modern PCs i5 and large hard drives could this not be a option with a warning as you have on the 'save bets history whenever bets ~~~~' option?

Thanks for the reply, All the best Pete.
By BfBotManager
Hi Pete,

We will consider changing this limit in future update. Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards,
Rade
By fred777
hi Rade

happy new year to you.

I have just renewed for another year and would again like to request the history to be extended from 30 days to six months. This would be a massive benefit as every 30 days I spend tons of time having to export multiple strats to excel so I do not loose the data.

Also is the loss pot working as it should in the latest release as it seems to clear the loss and then goes again?

regards Peter
By BfBotManager
Hi Peter,

Thank you, happy New Year!

Loss recovery should is working properly by design.

Bot is not designed to safe large amounts of history data as that can slow it down and make it very unreliable, because of that we did not increase this limit.

Regards,
Rade