Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By fernandosilva
Hello,
I am developing a new strategy and would like to know if it is possible for example in a horse with lay odd of 5, automatically put a lay bet of 7.
This bet would be unmatched.
I want that if the lay odd goes up to 7 the bet is matched exactly at 7 and not at 7.5 or 8 for example.

Thanks
By BfBotManager
Hi Fernando,

You cannot have unmatched Lay bets at higher price than the one on market as Betfair would match those bets instantly.

But you can set bot to place bets at price 7.0 exactly (use "Price settings->Default price" and set it to 7.0 and remove Price rules) in combination with "Selection conditions->Min/max price for selection" that would check price range and allow betting on runners whose price is in price range of 6.0 - 7.0.

Betfair always matches your bets at best available odds, so if you place bet at price 7.0 and Lay price is lower than that then your bet will get matched at that lower price first up to price 7.0.

Regards,
Rade
By fernandosilva
Thanks Rade,
but if the bot place a bet at 7, while the bet is not matched, if the price rise above then the bet will be unmatched right?

Thanks for your help
By BfBotManager
Hi fernando,

If price goes up to 8 and you place Lay bet at 7 then bet will be unmatched.

Regards,
Rade
By fernandosilva
Hi again Rade :)
for some reason i can't make this strategy bet if the favourite BSP is under 5 (example).

Thanks Rade ;)
Attachments
(2.08 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
By BfBotManager
Hi Fernando,

BSP is only available after race starts, not before start. Your time to bet is set to allow betting before in play only.

Try checking Back price instead of Start Price or change your "Time to bet" to bet during in play instead of before in play.

Regards,
Rade
By fernandosilva
Ok, i change "time to bet" to bet 1s after the race starts and "min/max selection price" to bet if the favorite has BSP between 1.01 and 7 (it should have runners to bet) but it doesn't place any bet.
Thanks

EDIT: I just saw the report tab and saw that the problem was the overrounds rule. Tomorow i will test again.
Thanks Rade.
Attachments
(2.09 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
By fernandosilva
Hi Rade,
just one question, if i use "Price settings->Default price" and set it to 10 and in "Selection conditions->Min/max price for selection" i set it with price range of 3.0 - 10, the bot will only bet if horse price reaches 10? even with min price range of 3?
I upload 2 images with one case that happens today where the bot place a bet at odd of 10 but in timeform website it says that the max price was 4.6, far from 10. I'm testing in simulation mode, could this be the problem?

If i want to make the lay bet at 10 if the BACK odd reaches 10 all i want to change is in "Selection conditions->Min/max price for selection" to "must have back price in range" instead of "must have lay price in range"?
Attachments
img1.png
img1.png (32.21 KiB) Viewed 15120 times
img2.png
img2.png (32.35 KiB) Viewed 15120 times
By BfBotManager
Hi Fernando,

Tick option to use favorite positions from before in play, like this:
https://www.screencast.com/t/FQRQoeWBLWwz

Then try again, it should be working well.

Default price will make strategy place bets at price 10.0 even when current price is 4.0 for example.

In simulation mode all bets are instantly matched at requested price. In real mode such bets could be unmatched and never get matched.

Regards,
Rade
By fernandosilva
Hi Rade,
while I was testing, I had doubts that I would like some clarification:
in a race the bot picked up these odds (img1) and the lay bet only fire if the back bet is matched. As you can see the back was at 980 odd and 2 seconds later the lay bet place a bet at 10 (i know that i'm in simulation mode and bet are matched instantly) and i'm using a price range for the lay bet as you can see in "img2". The question is: even while in simulation mode, the lay bet only fire if the odd from the horse came down and enter the price range right? For exemple, if the horse odd never go under 980 the lay bet will never fire, even in simulation right?

Another question is about the price refresh rate ( default 1 second ). The bot only check the market price 1 time per second? or this option is just for displaying the prices in the grid?

thanks ;)
Attachments
img1.png
img1.png (19.26 KiB) Viewed 15110 times
img2.png
img2.png (80.05 KiB) Viewed 15110 times
By BfBotManager
Hi Fernando,

Yes, if your settings are set properly than Lay bet will be placed when Lay price is in range of 3.0 - 20.0.

In simulation mode bot is using Betfair delayed data which is delayed by 30-60 seconds. This is requirement by Betfair, so this in play simulation might not be reliable because of that as prices change extremely fast during in running for horse races.

Yes, bot gets prices once per second if refresh rate is 1,000ms.

Regards,
Rade
By fernandosilva
But can i change it to 500ms for example?
Example:
with 1000ms the price could go from 2 to 4 but with 500ms the price could go from 2 to 3 and 500ms after to 4? So the bot can get more opportunities to place bets if has 500ms refresh rate?
There is any extra fee to pay to betfair for making more requests?
By BfBotManager
Yes, you can change it to 500ms.

If you are running only our software and no other, then you will not exceed API limits and there will be no extra charges.

Regards,
Rade
By fernandosilva
So i can change it to 500ms, even using 3 strategies at the same time, in simulation as well as live?
what is the lowest value we can use in refresh rate without exceeding API limits?

Thanks Rade and sorry for being so annoying.
By BfBotManager
Number of strategies has nothing to do with refresh rate, as bot gets prices regardless if you run or not strategies. It gets prices for all loaded markets in MARKETS grid view.

With latest version you are able to set refresh rate of 300ms, but we do not recommend that as it might slow down computer if you run many strategies at same time.

There are no extra charges if you use only 1 instance of our software as software will not allow you to exceed NG-API limits.

Regards,
Rade
By fernandosilva
Hi Rade,
today this happen in one race... how could this happen?
Attachments
bot.png
bot.png (41.67 KiB) Viewed 15085 times
betfair.png
betfair.png (18.13 KiB) Viewed 15085 times
By fernandosilva
Hi Rade,
thanks for the article that you indicated, very good!
I would like to ask a question just to see if it is possible,
if i want to lay one horse if BSP is between 3 and 5 and the back odd is between 7 and 15, are these settings correct? (see image)
Attachments
example.png
example.png (40.55 KiB) Viewed 15081 times
By BfBotManager
fernandosilva wrote:Hi Rade,
thanks for the article that you indicated, very good!
I would like to ask a question just to see if it is possible,
if i want to lay one horse if BSP is between 3 and 5 and the back odd is between 7 and 15, are these settings correct? (see image)
Hi Fernando,

Please start new thread for each new discussion in future. Thank you.

Settings are wrong, you should use "Min/max selection price" to check "Start price" of selection, not "Racing - Runner at..." rule.

Make sure you test all your settings with small stakes or in simulation mode.

Regards,
Rade