Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By bartlett1982
Are the following parameters possible?

I'm looking to do a strategy that involves laying in the correct score market.
I only want a bet to fire if there is an odds on fav in the match odds market at start time.
Can this be done ?

Regards

Dave
Last edited by bartlett1982 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BfBotManager
Hi Dave,

Yes, it can.

Set your strategy to bet on correct scores market. Once that is working well then add "Selection condition->Bet if specific selection is in price range" and set it to check Match odds market for odds of favorite by position 1.

Both match odds and correct score markets must be loaded to MARKETS grid view.

Make sure you test it in simulation mode.

Regards,
Rade
By bartlett1982
Thanks you for the reply.

What is the condition to ensure on 1 trade (2 bets) is fired?
I can't for the life of me work it out.
By BfBotManager
Hi Bartlett1982,

At strategy "Edit" form, the one where you set name/description of strategy, you can also set maximum number of bets per runner/market. Default is 1 bet per runner which allows one initial bet and optional trade out/hedge bet. Number of bets per market should not be set to less than 2.

Regards,
Rade
By bartlett1982
Rade wrote:Hi Dave,

Yes, it can.

Set your strategy to bet on correct scores market. Once that is working well then add "Selection condition->Bet if specific selection is in price range" and set it to check Match odds market for odds of favorite by position 1.

Regards,
Rade

Do I need to select the "check prices from before inplay" to use the odds from pre match ?

Regards
By BfBotManager
bartlett1982 wrote:
Rade wrote:Hi Dave,

Yes, it can.

Regards,
Rade

Do I need to select the "check prices from before inplay" to use the odds from pre match ?

Regards
Condition "Selection condition->Bet if specific selection is in price range" by default checks current market prices, but if you want to check price from before in play then tick that option.
By bartlett1982
ss1
ss1
bfbot1.png (25.49 KiB) Viewed 15712 times
Thank you

is this correct as it did not fire any bets last night ?
By BfBotManager
Hi bartlett1982,

Yes, that is ok. Make sure you auto load match odds markets before they start.

If you keep having problems then post screenshots of MARKETS grid view and export your strategy so that we can check all settings. Also check "Reports" tab to see which condition is preventing your strategy from placing bets.

Regards,
Rade
By madjon
Hi Bartlett

You earlier stated that you want to lay in the correct score market. Your strategy is set to lay the draw in the match odds market?
By bartlett1982
madjon wrote:Hi Bartlett

You earlier stated that you want to lay in the correct score market. Your strategy is set to lay the draw in the match odds market?

Correct, just testing it on LTD first.
By bartlett1982
Thank You

bfbot3.png
bfbot3.png (14.18 KiB) Viewed 15686 times

Does this setting mean it will only look to fire a bet for 1 minute ?
I still want the exit to happen , but not the entry .
By BfBotManager
That is for initial bet only and yes, it will allow bet to be placed only for 1 minute. That might be too strict for football markets, you should set it to period of 3-5 minutes.

Regards,
Rade