Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
Hi Rade,
If I have a horse racing market in running which has a layed runner and maybe 2 or 3 other horses back dutched from a different strategy, what is the best way to set up the after bet, hedge fields. Typically, (and hopefully) I may have the favourite drifted out to odds >20 and 1 of my dutched horses very short and so wish to hedge out automatically and protect my position.
Thanks in advance
Best
Robbo
Hi Robbo,

You should set Hedge separately for each strategy.

For Lay bet strategy set Hedge to execute if horse price goes below price X e.g. horse is winning so hedge to minimize loss. Or you can set it hedge if price goes above price X to get sure profit.

For Back bet strategy set Hedge to execute if horse price goes above price X e.g. horse is losing so hedge to minimize loss. Or you can set it hedge if price goes below price X to get sure profit.

For both Hedge conditions at its settings tick option to use profit/loss from initial bet only (last hedge option). That way each bet will be hedged separately.

Make sure you test this in simulation mode.

There is no other way to hedge multiple bets like this.

Regards,
Rade