Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By andyram63
Hi,

I have a problem, if someone can help. I have two strategies; Strategy A bets on O/U 0.5 and Strategy B on O/U 1.5.

I don't want Strategy B to place bets if Strategy A has already bets that are and settled.

So, I have used in Market Conditions: Only if specific strategy has bets: Allow betting when Strategy A doesn't have Settled bets on same events.

However, in two cases, Strategy B placed bets when Strategy A had already settled bets in the event. Do you know what might be the problem? Should I choose inactive bets instead of settled?

Thanks
By BfBotManager
Hi Andy,

You should probably add MARKET conditions to strategy B not to bet when strategy A has Matched or Unmatched bets on same event.

It is best that you export your strategies and post them here after you make those changes so that we can check them

Regards,
Rade
By andyram63
My first approach was to use Matched bets but it didn't work. Then I tried settled bets, that didn't work either and so did unmatched bets. I am attaching the strategies and I am using. Strat 01 chooses the teams. Strat_02 places a back bet at over 0.5 and Strat_03 should place a back bet at over 1.5 only if Strat_02 didn't place a bet. I have at least three cases where Strat_02 placed a bet and then Strat_03 placed a bet as well. Any help is welcome.

Regards,

andyram63
Attachments
(2.69 KiB) Downloaded 441 times
By BfBotManager
Hi andyram63,

You should never remove Overrounds and Back/Lay Ratio conditions as those ensure that bets are placed only at valid prices.

Strategy 01 is dangerous one as it will bet on all matches without any restrictions. It will place Unmatched bets as you set to place all Lay bets at 1.01 price.

Strategy 02 will place bets when 01 strategy has unmatched bets on same event. This strategy does not check if 03 strategy has placed bet or not, it is only conditioned by strategy 01 unmatched bets and other rules that you added to this 02 strategy. This means that this strategy can place bets when strategy 03 has bets on same event. If you do not want 02 to place bets when 03 has bets on same event then add one more "Only if specified strategy has bets" condition and set it to allow betting if 03 strategy DOES NOT have bets on same event (matched bets, add one more condition for unmatched bets).

Strategy 03 is allowed to bet when strategy 02 does not have settled bets and 01 strategy doe snot have unmatched bets on same event. By those settings it is allowed to bet when strategy 02 has matched or unmatched bets on same event, so additional checks should be added to check those bets too if you get problems with this strategy.

Make sure you use simulation mode or small stakes to test this. Also there is no need to check score for strategy 02 as market over/under 0.5 goals will not be available for betting if score is not 0-0.

Regards,
Rade
By andyram63
Hi Rade,

Thank you very much for the reply. Strategy 01 places bets only on teams that I have set in Markets filter (csv list). So it doesn't place bets on all matches, just a few I choose.

Strategy 02 is not affected by Strategy 03. The first (02) places O0.5 bets when the score is 0-0 and the latter (03) places O1.5 bets when the score is 0-1 or 1-0. So they can't overlap.

My problem is with Strategy 03. If Strategy 02 has placed an O0.5 bet and a goal is scored, then Strategy 03 will also place a bet if conditions are met (e.g odds above 1.4 for O1.5). I don't want that. If a bet has already been placed by Strategy 02, I don't want Strategy 03 to bet.

I have tried doing this by setting "Allow betting when Strategy_02 does not have settled bets on same events" but it failed and bets were placed by Strategy 03. My thinking is that if Strategy 02 has placed a bet at 0-0 and a goal was scored, then the bet is settled. So Strategy 03 shouldn't place a bet because of the condition I mentioned. Any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks
By BfBotManager
Hi Andyram63,

Strategy 3 can place bet while strategy 02 has matched bets and score is 0-1. Bets for strategy 02 are not settled immediately, it takes some time for result to be available and for Betfair to mark market closed. During this period strategy 02 has Matched bets and score is 0-1 so strategy 03 can place bets. You should add condition to strategy 03 so that it is allowed to bet if strategy 02 does not have matched/unmatched/settled bets on same event. Add 3 instances of condition to check all 3 statuses.

Regards,
Rade