Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By madzhara
Hello,

I have several strategies, which I want to shuffle. Is that possible? I didn't saw anything in the settings.
For example if I have 5 strategies named s1, s2,...., s5.
Mostly the s1 strategy plays the games, and I want to make them bet equally.
So if they rotate on each bet then it will be like this:

s1 is on top - makes a bet
s2 is on top - makes a bet
s5 is on top - makes a bet

Is there such an option?

Thank you for your time reading this.
By BfBotManager
Hi madzara,

There is no option for that.

But maybe you can try using market condition "Only if specified strategy has bets" on same market and not to allow strategy if other strategies have bets on that market.

Use Unsettled markets condition so that each strategy is allowed to have one market with unsettled bets.

Then set Time of bet to 20-30 minutes before start time. That way they will all place bets at same time but only on one market at which other strategies do not have bets.

Regards,
Rade
By madzhara
Hello Rade,

thank you for your input.

This is currently not a suitable option for me. I'm using several equal strategies, and already use the "Only if specified strategy has bets" option, so that their bets don't overlap. Since the strategies are the same - the bot seems to execute them consequently, and thus mostly the first strategy takes the bets when there aren't many concurrent matches.
And I would like the bot to place the first incoming match on strategy #1, the second on #2 and so on. So that if I have 5 strategies and 50 matches, all strategies will have placed 10 bets each.
Also, I searched for a rule after the bet to move the strategy on the bottom of the stack, but didn't find any...

Will you be willing to add an enhancement to the bot, so that each strategy could be moved up or down, after a bet?
And if you are, how long do you think that could take?

Regards,
Madzhara
By madzhara
Another option that just came to my mind is to have some kind of custom condition.
For example if I could use the EventID in a condition I could have this:
- #1 only bets when EventID % 5 == 0
- #2 only bets when EventID % 5 == 1
- #3 only bets when EventID % 5 == 2
- #4 only bets when EventID % 5 == 3
- #5 only bets when EventID % 5 == 4

It won't be ideal, but at least it will give me some kind of more-equal distribution.
By BfBotManager
Hi madzhara,

Strategies can be sorted by clicking on column headers, so we have not plans to add manual up/down moving of strategies as that would not work with automatic sorting.

New condition/functionality is required for shuffling strategies. This seems specific to the way you are betting, but we will consider adding it in one of next updates. We already have full list of improvements for next update so I am not sure if it will be added in that one, it is more likely that it will have to wait for summer update or something like that.

Regards,
Rade