Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By dtaylor293
Hi,

Is there a staking plan that would enable me to recover losses in a sequence? A very simple example;
Race 1 Lay £4 @2 Win +4 P\L +4
Race 2 Lay £4 @2 Lose -4 P\L 0
Race 3 Lay £4 @2 Lose -4 P\L -4
Race 4 Lay £8 @2 Lose -8 P\L -12
Race 5 Lay £16 @2 Win +16 P\L +4
Race 6 Lay £4 @2 Win +4 P\L +8

I have attached my current strategy which is a variation on the example little acorn strategy. I have used an initial level stake, a simple sequence and finally an overall loss recovery final condition.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Attachments
(3.83 KiB) Downloaded 616 times
By BfBotManager
Hi dtaylor293,

There is no need to use Simple Sequence and Loss recovery at same time. Just use one of those in combination with level stake.

If you wan to set stakes like in your example then I suggest using Overall P/L Simple Sequence and set multipliers like this:

and initial stake to 4.

Make sure you use market condition Unsettled markets and set it to 1 so that next bet is placed only when previous bets are settled.

Regards,
Rade
By dtaylor293
Hi Rade,

Thanks again for your reply. I have been playing around with the overall loss recovery and I am not sure this achieves what I am after, this appears to recover total losses for the overall strategy but what I would like is to be able to recover losses since the last win in a sequence. i.e to try and protect any profits made so far.

Example here;
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Unless I have completed misunderstood, in which case I apologise in advance!

Regards
By BfBotManager
Hi dtaylor293,

Your document shows that you want to recover loss only when your strategy is overall in loss. This is not possible with existing options in V3 because Overall loss recovery recovers loss from each losing market that made loss.

Regards,
Rade
By madjon
Hi

A solution may be to restart your strategy when it is in profit, the recovery or simple sequence will kick in after a loss, until profit is reached.

Cheers

Jon