Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By madzhara
Hello and Merry Christmas!

I've searched the manual about this problem, but there is not any info on the subject there.
I also read all of the previous posts in the forum about lapsing bets, but they all seem to show no definite way of avoiding lapsed bets 100%.
Is that even possible?

So the problem actually consists of two things.
1. I have sometimes bets that are unmatched and therefore end up as "Lapsed". And you guessed it right - it's losing me money. I know this is not the bot's problem, but I want to make sure there are no such bets. Are the following options going to secure that, what do you think?
scr1.png
scr1.png (21.49 KiB) Viewed 6287 times
Here if I change the first two drop-downs to 5 ticks better and 5 ticks worse price, what does that mean? That if I search a price of 1.5 then when trying to place the bet the bot will try to use prices from 1.45 to 1.55, is that correct? If no, please elaborate.

And the second thing that I think could prevent Lapsing from occurring is to set a rule that the market traded value is very big. But these two "solutions" won't prevent that on 100%. Do you have any more suggestions on that?

Also the other thing that is problem, related to Lapsed bets is the Staking "Simple Sequence Overall P/L" rule. It has some multipliers and works ok. But when a lapsed bet occurs this is not working OK. The next bet is placed using the next multiplier on the list, which can cause the loss of even more money. So does the bot deem a lapsed bet as a losing one?

Thank you for reading, if you need any more info on the matter, just drop me a line!
By BfBotManager
Hi madzhara,

Thanks, happy holidays and Merry Christmas!

Betfair always matches your bet at best available odds so if you ask for worse price than the one on market you are increasing chances of your bet getting matched.

e.g. if current price is 1.5 and you set to ask for worse price by 5 ticks then for Back bets bot will ask price 1.45 and Betfair will match your bet at 1.5 down to 1.45 until bet is fully matched. Similarly for Lay bets, they will be placed at price 1.55 and matched first at 1.5 up to 1.55.

Asking for better price will result in unmatched bet so keep that setting at zero ticks.

Lapsed bets have zero profit/loss but they might cause simple sequence to skip one multiplier for that market.

Regards,
Rade
By madzhara
Hi Rade,

as always - thank you for your quick response.
Could you recommend another sequence that will take into account the actual result of the Lapsed bet, instead of deeming it as a lost one?
By BfBotManager
Hi Madzhara,

"Simple Sequence Overall P/L" should not go to next multiplier when market profit/loss is zero (I just checked this in code).

Make sure you use Unsettled markets condition and set it to 1 so that next be is placed only when previous bets are settled. And also at Tools&Settings->General settings->Bets tab do NOT use option to settle bets as win/loss if there is no result for X minutes.

Regards,
Rade