Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By MarioBaptista
I’ve been read the forun and manual (V3) and I couldn't find out the way to bet (in lay) in 3, 4 or 5 horses (in more than one) in the same race in play with odds between 10 and 15.

I have tested 2 rules to achieve this objective:
(a) Selection Conditions Bet Type By Favourite Position (Multi) and create 12 equal rules with numbers 1,2…12 each selection
(b) Selection Filter (Multi), using 2 first options, numebring 1,2,3 e etc….

The strategie don’t start (in general lays between 10-15).
Can you help me?
By BfBotManager
Hi Mario,

You should use:
1. Selection condition -> Default bet type, set it to Lay
2. Selection condition -> Min/max price range, set it to check price range of "Any runner" and set price range to 10 - 15

Add other conditions for stake, time of bet, market type etc.

Then try it out in simulation mode, it should work.

If you get any problems then please post your strategy here or email it to us to check it.

Thank you.

Regards,
Rade
By MarioBaptista
Hi Rade
Thanks for your tips, but the strategy don’t work/don't start in live.
The strategy is simple, I wish to make bet ays a 2 or more horses, if after 10 seconds in play the odd will be in an interval between 10 and 15, the bet is placed. Hedge at 500 and close positions if one of this horses goes below 35 ticks. The bet is a Liability

Describing in more details:

a)Market Conditions: Time to Bet (10s after) / Markets Filter (WIN) / Events Filter Horse

b)Select Conditions: Default Bet Type (Lay)/Min e max Selection Price (any runner, lay, 10-15) /Max number of matched per runner (1)

c)Staking: Level (1) / Bet Persistence (Keep) / Liability or amount (liability) / Overall Loss Recovery (default)

d)After Bet Rules = Hedge (goes 500 only in play) / Close position if price goes down by 35 ticks / Only in play

The messages that Reports give me for Australian Races are:
(i)Market does not satisfy"Time to bet" condition/rule;
(ii)Selections or market does not satisfy "Min/Max Selection Price" Confition rule
(iii) Bet type (Back/lay) is not set for any selection. Either bets are already placed on this market runner or your conditions /rules for bet type are no set
Attachments
erro1.png
erro1.png (194.12 KiB) Viewed 14730 times
By BfBotManager
Hi Mario,

At STRATEGIES tab you have option "Export strategies", you should use it to export selected strategy and then you can post that file here so that we can download it and check your settings.

a) if you are betting during in running then time to bet condition must have "Keep betting in play" option ticked

b) there is no need for max number of matched bets per runner if you set at "Edit" form for your strategy max 1 bet per runner

c) you should not use loss recovery if you are using hedge as that might not work as you expect

d) you should never use Hedge and Close at same time. We recommend you remove Close condition

Regards,
Rade
By MarioBaptista
Hi Rade,

Thanks for your help and in advance sorry for my poor and inaccurate english.

In attached follow a file with the strategie for your analysis.

Regarding your comments:

"A" / "C" / "D" (done) "and "B" (I don't understand the issue).

Item C) I understand the logical of your suggestion. Do you have another staking plan that you recommend to recovery eventually losses?

Regarding to the Item d), my logic and the problems are:

(i) If I bet in 5 horses and the prices (in play) increases 15 to 500, the hedge is triggered and profit is shared for all runners, nice situation

(ii) If the price the one of the 5 horses that I bet suddenly decreases 15 to 4, It will trigger a hedge at @4 or around 35 ticks bellow, with loss divided for all runners. Imagine if after a hedge the odd turn to increase 4 to 500, and the horse don't win. It´s not a good situation. Instead my idea was to close the position keeping the profit in other selections. When I use the Traderline to make manual trade in horses is possible to make a hedge when I gain and stop loss when I loss. Because of this I thought that it´s work well. Do you have any suggestions to hegde the gains and stop the loss? Do you have another sugestion to overcoming this situation?

Thanks in advance,

Mário
Attachments
(2.62 KiB) Downloaded 517 times
By BfBotManager
Hi Mario,

Hedging at price 800 can be dangerous because bet size below Betfair minimum is usually needed for such hedge and this can result in failure to place Back bet below minimum at such high odds. Placement of bet below Betfair minimum requires unmatched bet at minimum bet size (2gbp/eur) at odds of 1,000. This unmatched bet could easily get matched at odds of 1,000 causing you higher loss than needed e.g. if hedge was supposed to place just 0.05gbp/eur at odds of 800. To prevent such situations you should hedge at much lower prices e.g. 50 or 100. Bet placement of bets below Betfair minimum is explained in following thread:
https://www.bfbotmanager.com/phpbb3/vie ... ?f=8&t=785

You can use Hedge and Close condition at same time, just make sure they do not execute both at same time. Make sure you test this in simulation mode!

If you use loss recovery and hedge all your bets then loss will never be fully recovered. There is no workaround for that with loss recovery. Optionally you can use staking plan that will increase your stake without checking if loss is fully recovered or not.

Your "Time of bet" is not set properly. You must tick option to start betting when market goes in play. Like this:
http://screencast.com/t/0RhthFGC9

Your price settings are wrong, you removed "Price rules" that are added by default to every strategy. Your strategy does not know at which price to place bets. Please add this:
http://screencast.com/t/ajoelJoAt8

You are placing 1 euro bets and using liability. This will result in very small stakes e.g. below 0.10. Then hedge will execute for such low bets and it might not give you results that you want because of rounding of numbers and using high odds to hedge.

At Hedge form you set min price 1.5 and max price 20, so hedge will never execute outside this price range. You must change your max price and probably minimum price if you wish hedge to execute if price goes below 1.5.

At Selection conditions tab you also removed default setting "Back/Lay Ratio" that ensures that prices are valid when bets are placed. I recommend you add it back.

Please use strategy in simulation mode until you are 100% sure that it is working like you want it to. For test purpose in simulation mode you should set stake of 10 euro/gbp, it will be easier to understand what is happening.

Regards,
Rade
By MarioBaptista
Hi Rade,
Tks a lot, it works.

I will analize the results comparing the bot versus the manual trading in the same race.

Later I will give you the feedback.

Tks
By MarioBaptista
Hi Rade,

The strategy works well, but when I have a loss, the loss is almost 100% of the my exposure/liability.

I think if I could contain the loss for around 50% or 70% of my exposure, I can leverage the profits.

To reduce/contain the losses I use in my configuration the hedge, but it seems that not efficiently to stop the losses at this percentages (50% -70%).

Please can you see my configuration to the hedge (follow in attach)?

Do you know if exist another efficient way to determine a target value to assume a loss? Like 3€, actually I loss around €5€)

Thanks a lot in advance,
Attachments
Follow the file
(3.01 KiB) Downloaded 529 times
By BfBotManager
MarioBaptista wrote:Hi Rade,

The strategy works well, but when I have a loss, the loss is almost 100% of the my exposure/liability.

I think if I could contain the loss for around 50% or 70% of my exposure, I can leverage the profits.

To reduce/contain the losses I use in my configuration the hedge, but it seems that not efficiently to stop the losses at this percentages (50% -70%).

Please can you see my configuration to the hedge (follow in attach)?

Do you know if exist another efficient way to determine a target value to assume a loss? Like 3€, actually I loss around €5€)

Thanks a lot in advance,
Hi Mario,

Instead of using "After bet rules->Hedge" have you tried to use "Safety rules->Hedge All" condition? Something like this maybe:
http://screencast.com/t/oEpOmNJO

Regards,
Rade
By MarioBaptista
Tks, it works well.

One more question, is it possible in the same strategy to have to stakes: (a) one stake of 6€ to lay a horses above a odd 30 and (b) another stake of 2€to lay a 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourites?
By BfBotManager
MarioBaptista wrote:Tks, it works well.

One more question, is it possible in the same strategy to have to stakes: (a) one stake of 6€ to lay a horses above a odd 30 and (b) another stake of 2€to lay a 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourites?
You should create separate strategy for each favorite by position, then you can set different stakes for each favorite.

Regards,
Rade
By MarioBaptista

Yesterday I had a significant loss using Overall Loss Recovery.

Normally I had used small stakes in comparison with the total amount, but I had 13 loss in sequencialy and my stake increases a lot.

Normally my configurations are:
Recovery rate @ 100%
Max liability of loss recovery part of stake @20
Amount of lost money to recover @100%
And ticked : save loss on exit

After loss, I tried to modify the configuration using: (a) Use Number of losses in loss pot (#3) and at moment I cannot understand the numerical effects of this option and (b)I  ticked in : Use zero stake if loss to recover is greater thas 1.01

My question is if you have a more efficient or better configuration to minimize risk and permits to recover the losses?

By BfBotManager
MarioBaptista wrote: 
Yesterday I had a significant loss using Overall Loss Recovery.

Normally I had used small stakes in comparison with the total amount, but I had 13 loss in sequencialy and my stake increases a lot.

Normally my configurations are:
Recovery rate @ 100%
Max liability of loss recovery part of stake @20
Amount of lost money to recover @100%
And ticked : save loss on exit

After loss, I tried to modify the configuration using: (a) Use Number of losses in loss pot (#3) and at moment I cannot understand the numerical effects of this option and (b)I  ticked in : Use zero stake if loss to recover is greater thas 1.01

My question is if you have a more efficient or better configuration to minimize risk and permits to recover the losses?

a) it is number of losing bets that strategy will to recover with next bet
b) each bet size is made of initial stake + loss recovery increase + increase to cover commission. If you use this option then initial stake will be zero and final bet size will be made out of "loss recovery increase + increase to cover commission"

Instead of using loss recovery you can use staking plans, they all increase bet size after losing bets so that you win and more recover losses.

Regards,
Rade