Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By pritchj1973
Not sure if my server is good enough to cope with what i'm doing or if there's another way that i can streamline my strategies so that it works better. I have 8 horse racing bots which take tips from one csv file, which are there no more than 17 bets in one day - all straight backs or lays placed at price 20secs before start of race. I have then have 3 soccer bots, 0-0 lay, draw lay and away team lay (could be different leagues every day). All the soccer bots place 1 bet on each if odds are right before ko but if not will wait an hour to see if odds rise/drop... bot just does a straight lay and no hedging or closing of trades. The horses were placing ok before i started adding the soccer bots. The soccer bot places bets on "my favourites" which are ticked on the market tab, however as i'm only placing 8 or 9 bets per day i feel that the bfbot is overworking as it's continuously checking each strategy against the soccer markets / events that i do not require. Not sure if i'm making sense here, but the feeling i get is that i have too many markets / events loaded as today my bot failed to place soccer bets at the correct time. What options do i have to get around this ?
Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 16.14.36.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 16.14.36.png (80.22 KiB) Viewed 12810 times
Here are my server details.

thanks

Jono
Hi Jono,

You should carefully read following article:
https://www.bfbotmanager.com/help/9

Then go to TOOLS&SETTINGS->Market monitoring settings and set refresh rate of 500ms. Set to monitor multiple markets at same time and set it 1000.

If you are placing bets few minutes before start time e.g. 3minutes then set to start monitoring markets to 5 minutes before start time.

If you are not betting during in play then set to monitor markets until in running/play.

At remove markets tab set to remove closed markets after X hours and to remove closed markets without any bets.

Instead of loading all markets try using Auto Load settings to load only markets that are of interest to you e.g. load markets from specific countries or competitions etc. That will reduce number of markets in markets grid view and speed up your refresh rate.

If you get any problems then send us screenshots of your loaded markets and market monitoring settings to check them.

Regards,
Rade
By pritchj1973
thanks, i'll have a play about with the settings. The problem with loading specific leagues etc is that i tend to pick the games out from a list so it's going to very time consuming to pick out leagues and then select the games... shame that you can't select the teams using csv tipster lists like you can with horses..... maybe something for the future ?
pritchj1973 wrote:thanks, i'll have a play about with the settings. The problem with loading specific leagues etc is that i tend to pick the games out from a list so it's going to very time consuming to pick out leagues and then select the games... shame that you can't select the teams using csv tipster lists like you can with horses..... maybe something for the future ?
Why not? I'm betting on Football and I'm using tipster lists to place the bets without any problems.
Here is an example of the header line and one tip.
Code: Select all
Provider,SelectionName,MarketId,MarketName,EventName,MarketType,BetType
MyTips,Hammarby,1.124423593,Match Odds,Hammarby v Sundsvall,MATCH_ODDS,BACK
Nothing too complicated there, I think...
By BfBotManager
Perpendicular wrote:Here is an example of the header line and one tip.
Code: Select all
Provider,SelectionName,MarketId,MarketName,EventName,MarketType,BetType
MyTips,Hammarby,1.124423593,Match Odds,Hammarby v Sundsvall,MATCH_ODDS,BACK
Nothing too complicated there, I think...
Hi all,

Hammarby v Sundsvall must be same as Betfair team names. If this is different then bot might not find match. Specially if user does not have Betfair MarketId.

Regards,
Rade
By pritchj1973
Having to find market id's, typing full match details home v away would be far too time consuming compared to manually selecting them from the markets tab.

thanks for sharing anyway.

Jono
Well, according to v3 manual, you don't really need all that information. The only thing that seems obligatory is either the selection id or selection name.

So the minumal version of the tipster-file could be just a list of team names... Assuming you don't want to get on the draw, that would require identifying the market with id or event name, I suppose.

If you want to bet on some other market than match odds, which has fixed names, like Yes/No or Over/Under x.x then you'd obviously need to identify the market always.

Yeah, I don't look up the markets manually, I just make my own applications that create the tipster files so I don't spend more then 1-2 minutes daily in order to create thousands of tips... ;)