Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By pritchj1973
Hi

How do i setup a csv file to lay a list of away teams by name ? e.g man city v Liverpool, lay liverpool.

thanks

Jono
By BfBotManager
Hi Jono,

You can use Selection conditions and set it like this:
1. add "Bet type by runner position" and set it to Lay 2nd runner by position (away team)
2. add Selections filter and set it to allow betting on selections whose name contains one of specified values. Then set CSV list of team names like this "Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea" etc. (without quotes).

Then try it out in simulation mode and if you get any problems send us strategy to check it.

To do this with import tips and CSV file is more complicated as you need to specify more details about event and away team. So I recommend you do it like I explained above. It will Lay all away teams that have specified text in their name.

Regards,
Rade
By pritchj1973
The teams i choose will change daily, so i'm of the opinion that typing them in every day is going to be too time consuming. How would i get the bot to lay them from selecting them manually. I currently have a strat that lays draws based on selected favourites, would selecting more different favourites on a different strategy interfere with this setup ???
Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 19.40.23.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 19.40.23.png (37.74 KiB) Viewed 9409 times
By BfBotManager
HI pritchj1973,

If you have strategy that Lays draws only then you can set also "Selections filter" and set it to allow betting only on 3rd runner by position (the draw selection). That way if you select home or away team by using "My S." checkbox this strategy will not be able to bet on it.

In your second strategy you would also use "Bet on my favorites only" and "Selections filter", but this time set selections filter to allow betting only on 2nd runner by position (away team). That wat this strategy will only bet on selections that you picked and that are away teams, that is 2nd runner by position.

Regards,
Rade
By pritchj1973
So for my lay away team strategy this should work, and all i need to do for my draw strategy is change the first line to position's to 3 ?
Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 20.23.11.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 20.23.11.png (45.88 KiB) Viewed 9406 times
By BfBotManager
Yes, but you also need to set bet type. At your screenshot you have not set any bet type. Add "Bet on my favorites only" and set bet type.

Then test this in simulation mode to ensure that it is working like you want it to and that you have right settings.

Regards,
Rade