Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By mclord182
hi Rade,

I've been trying to use the Bet after X winners/losers functionto set up a strategy that will place a lay bet on, for example, trap 1 once it has lost 7 times in a row. But I cant get it to work (it wont place a bet) and I am stumped, and I was hoping you can help?

I cant send screen pics at the moment unfortunately. Any general advice would be grat thanks.

Cheers,

mc
Hi mc,

At "Bet after X favorite..." condition untick option "Use runner by position to count wins and losses", as you are betting on second favorite so you want to bet when favorite by position 2 loses 5 times, right? If you use "runner by position" then you want trap 2 to lose 5 times.

Instead of 5 losses use just 1 loss for test purposes and then try again. That will be easier to test and ensure that bot works like you want it to. Once it starts placing bets you can make it more strict and set it to 3 or 5 losses.

Regards,
Rade
How do you handle different venues? I mean, if a certain trap loses on one meeting in venue X, how would that have anything to do with some other meeting in venue Y?

So you'd need to just look at the losing trap positions PER each meeting separately, eventhough their races are limited in time, right?
Good question,the plan is to only load up a single tracks data 1 for the am, 1 for the PM and 1 for the evening session. I can manually avoid the overlap, or set up different Strats for each period. Just need to get it working now...

Mc
Hmm... I guess you could setup several strategies and use the event name filter to limit one strategy to bet only only certain venue.

Yeah, why not have like 20 strategies and make each one bet only on a single venue using the event name filtering! And also configure the loss/win calculation filter similarly.

That way you COULD basically bet on each venut regardless of their timing wrt each other as each strategy would be dedicate only for one venue.

I mean, there isn't that many different venus, like 20-30. Easy peacy.
Hi,

Yes, Perpendicular is right. There is example strategy for betting at just one meeting for Multiple Strategies bot:
http://www.bfbotmanager.com/phpbb3/view ... f=21&t=872" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You just need to use Markets filter condition and set it to allow betting on markets whose name contains specific text e.g. Newc

Mc,
If you want to bet on trap to lose 5 times in row then you should not use "Bet after X favorite..." condition. You should create new strategy and use "bet type by runner position" and set it to Lay Xth runner (that is Xth trap).

Regards,
Rade