Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By dtjcsky
Hi,
Is It possible set up a strategy to bet on the draw in football, only when the Home and Away team have close odds. Say within 0.5 decimal between them or as a percentage. For example 2.3 for one team and 2.8 or less for the other.
Regards
By BfBotManager
Hi dtjcsky,

You can set "Min/max Required price..." condition at Market conditions tab and set that runner by position 1 (and 2, add two conditions) must be within price range of 2.3 - 2.8. That way bets will be placed only when home and away team are both within this price range.

Regards,
Rade
By dtjcsky
Thanks Rade,
Thats great, what I am really after is not actually a fixed price range, but to pick a game where the difference between the Home and Away odds is only 0.5 decimal or less. So the odds could be say 2.0 & 2.3, 2.6 & 3.1. Basically its not what the odds are, but the difference or gap between them. Hope that explains it better.
Regards
By BfBotManager
Hi dtjcsky,

Yes, I understand, but there is no option that would check difference in that way.

Regards,
Rade
By Perpendicular
Hold on a minute there...

I think this should be doable with a few different bots that use cleverly the market condition "Skip market if favorite price difference is not satisfied" combined with favorite filtering.

- Bot 1 would handle cases where home and away are 1st and 2nd favourite and draw is 3rd favourite.
- Bot 2 would handle cases where home and away are 1st and 3rd favourite and draw is 2nd favourite.
- Bot 3 would handle cases where home and away are 2nd and 3rd favourite and draw is 1st favourite.

You would differentiate between those conditions maybe with Runner By Position favorite condition settings (Market) or with Selections Filter (Selection).

I haven't tried it, but I'm almost certain your system is doable with those conditions, but it requires those 3 bots to account for all favorite ordering.